over fueling

V8Sam

Reaction score
hey guys.

car currently sits at the usual 5psi limp mode.

vag com brings up a fault code about fuel trims over fueling etc

suspected a boost leak somewhere, so had a quick look around and noticed that the intake pipe was half hanging off the turbo as the hoseclip had undone its self

ah ha! problem found...

tightend that back up but it reset the codes and it was fine for all of 15 mins.

dont have a boost leak/smoke tester at the moment, so wondering if there is anything else i can do/test in order to narrow down the fault incase its not an air leak?

dodgy sensor? lambda etc?

have vag com, but dont really know the correct blocks or what they readings should be.

2002 8L S3

many thanks

Sam.

cant remember off the top of my head.

but it said something like 'Trim; Bank 1: System Too Rich'?

will plug it back in tomorrow get the exact code and report back! :salute:

ok nice one, will try tomorrow before i get the codes and see whats occurring

right, sorry about taking so long with this, been waaaay to busy with work and being away.

fault code that comes up is as follows:

17535 Fuel Trim; bank 1 (mult): system too rich)

p1127 - 35-00

also, i checked the fuel pressure reg, was perfectly clear under there.

Thanks.

right, sorry about taking so long with this, been waaaay to busy with work and being away.

fault code that comes up is as follows:

17535 Fuel Trim; bank 1 (mult): system too rich)

p1127 - 35-00

also, i checked the fuel pressure reg, was perfectly clear under there.

Thanks.
other cause can be an over reading MAF, as fuel calcs are made from MAF.. and you do on occasion get a very happy maf sensor..
Excluding physical things like fuel pressure genuinely being too high... blocked fpr screen we've seen (you've checked that tho)
physical check of fuel pressure at rail.. should be 3bar no vac on fpr.. If pressures ok, then theres a measure ment problem in the front end (maf) or lambda mis reading..

if you have vcds, reset codes so adaptions go to 0, then look at block 001 in Engine, and see where it wonders off too... negative a lot if its thinking too rich.. block 032 will progressive go negative from the learned values.. If this is going very negative, then zero it again, unplug maf and retry, see if the fueling is "better", if it is, its most likely your maf

good luck

Reactions: Alex C
should/can this be done with the vehicle at idle? or whilst driving? (logs etc)

annoyingly the only laptop i have full vagcom on dosnt like being used unless its plugged in! (dunno what plays up more, the laptop or the car)

or can i reset it, take for a drive and plug back in and look at what block 032 is doing?

are these the blocks to see if the lambda is working correctly or maf? or both?! (technical i am not as you can see)

thanks again bud!

^^ its a s3, unless your running win95, its always going to give you more **** :D

think you can just drive it then look again at where the trims have got to...?