1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over boosting??? 2.0 140 tdi seems to fast!

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Shaun, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Shaun

Shaun Member

[Feb 10, 2012]
    Hi,

may have read my other thread relating to problems with maf,i/c pipe etc. Anyway i have replaced the i/c pipe going to the turbo as it had a split in it making the car run badly.Runs sweet now but it feels way to fast,I have only had the a few days so dont have nothing to compare it to but it just feels like the turbo is boosting to much causing it to go quicker.
    Can this happen or am I being silly and in fact the car is just realy quick? I had a 2.5 tdi 180 and it seems just as nippy as that. I can also hear the turbo spooling up quite notacably.

Cheers.

shaun
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. audi-a6

audi-a6 Member

[Feb 10, 2012]
    1. Could just seem fast as you would of lost a lot of power from the split pipe.

2. Maybe it's been mapped by previous owners?

Hook a boost gauge up. You will then see how much it's boosting
  4. audi-a6

audi-a6 Member

[Feb 10, 2012]
    Also, some correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the car go in to limp mode if over boosting?
  5. Shaun

Shaun Member

[Feb 10, 2012]
    thats what thought it should go into limp mode.

I can only imagine it has been mapped at one point because the power is all through the rev range,although it is wet outside the wheels just light up and the traction control comes on.

Had plenty cars with various hp and just seems much more than 140.

Not that Im complaning the car is driving so smooth since the i/c-turbo pipe was replaced.
  6. Orangio

Orangio Member

[Feb 10, 2012]
    Yeah someone before you probably mapped it I reckon
  7. murran

murran Active Member

[Feb 11, 2012]
    might only have 140bhp but its torque that turns the wheels. 236ftlb of torque..... makes it fast!

180 2.5 by comparison 180bhp and 273ftlb but then its pulling around another 4/500kgs of car.......

reguarding traction...... what tyres are on the front of it? good un's or budget "wanli's or ling longs"?