1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outside temp in DIS behaving weird

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by synthdood, Aug 29, 2006.

1. synthdood

synthdood Member

[Aug 29, 2006]
    This morning I started the car and noticed that the temperature in the DIS was reading -38 celcius. Hmmm, that is not right! During the trip to work it slowly rised to +12 within about half an hour and remained there until I arrived at work. Whether or not that was the correct temperature I don't know. Probably still too low.

Has anyone seen this kind of behaviour before? Where is the outside temp sensor located? The car has had its first AVS service last week and I wouldn't be surprised if something was not plugged in properly or damaged during the service.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

[Aug 29, 2006]
    mmm, we're having all 4 seasons in one day over here in UK:uhm: , so I would have believed those readings, but as you're in Amsterdam, I think you might have a temp sensor problem.
  4. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[Aug 29, 2006]
    I had this on my previous Golf. Turned out the external sensor had fallen off....
  5. synthdood

synthdood Member

[Sep 1, 2006]
    The problem seems to have fixed itself. The DIS displays normal temeratures again.

I wonder if it may have something to do with water. We have had some of the worst terrential rainfalls I have ever seen and I had to drive through some flooded streets (about a foot deep). Although I was very carefull and drove very very slow, the underside of the car probably got soaked anyway. If the temp sensor is somewhere low it most probably got wet.