1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outside Ambient Air Temp Sensor

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by jayorme, Sep 5, 2012.

1. jayorme

jayorme Member

[Sep 5, 2012]
    Hiya,

Does anyone have the part number for the Outside Ambient Temperature Sensor on a 2003 Audi A3 TDI (8P Chassis)?

Done a lot of searches but the part number it keeps coming back to points to a Audi A3 (1996-2003) so I presume the 8L Chassis (Part No 1J0919379A)

Mine reading around 8c below the correct temperature so need to swap out

Cheers
    Jay
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Sep 6, 2012]
    Its easy to find in etka (mines closed for tonight), just go to dealer & ask them to look for the temp sender that fitted to the lock carrier trim just behind the bumper grill/s, only one there mate.
  4. jayorme

jayorme Member

[Feb 21, 2013]
    Hi,

I know this is a few months on but I replaced the Outside Ambient Air Temp Sensor last year with no success

Reading up on it further a lot of articles mention the G89 Air Duct Sensor which works along with the outside temp sensor

This sensor is inserted into the air con unit which I believe is behind the dash

Just wondered if anyone has actually had this sensor changed and is it a dash out job or is there an easier way to get to it?

If its to dificult I'll just live with my temp being out all the time! :)

Cheers
    Jay
    [h=2][/h]
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Feb 21, 2013]
    There's also an air quality sensor in the plenum chamber just in front of passenger side, not sure if this has any affect, its about £78 so not cheap, but far cheaper than removing dash etc, long big job.