Outside Ambient Air Temp Sensor

jayorme

Reaction score
Hiya,

Does anyone have the part number for the Outside Ambient Temperature Sensor on a 2003 Audi A3 TDI (8P Chassis)?

Done a lot of searches but the part number it keeps coming back to points to a Audi A3 (1996-2003) so I presume the 8L Chassis (Part No 1J0919379A)

Mine reading around 8c below the correct temperature so need to swap out

Cheers
Jay

Its easy to find in etka (mines closed for tonight), just go to dealer & ask them to look for the temp sender that fitted to the lock carrier trim just behind the bumper grill/s, only one there mate.

Hi,

I know this is a few months on but I replaced the Outside Ambient Air Temp Sensor last year with no success

Reading up on it further a lot of articles mention the G89 Air Duct Sensor which works along with the outside temp sensor

This sensor is inserted into the air con unit which I believe is behind the dash

Just wondered if anyone has actually had this sensor changed and is it a dash out job or is there an easier way to get to it?

If its to dificult I'll just live with my temp being out all the time! :)

Cheers
Jay
[h=2][/h]

There's also an air quality sensor in the plenum chamber just in front of passenger side, not sure if this has any affect, its about £78 so not cheap, but far cheaper than removing dash etc, long big job.