1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out with the old in with the new

A4_MO Feb 17, 2013

1. A4_MO

A4_MO Member

My CD changer in the box glove box has given up the ghost. Was quite lucky because I got my CDs out.
    What I want is to now get rid of it and replace it with something I can plug my Ipod into. But I want the track listings and names to appear,charge and also want to be able to control it with my steering wheel controls.

What I have is a 2007a4 with RNS-E with bluetooth

Is there any thing out there?

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Yes, I could install the AMI system for you, would need an rns-e upgrade to the mk2, but this would give you full artist, album & track listing on the rns-e aswell.

PM for prices :)

3. A4_MO

A4_MO Member

Whats the difference with them???

4. NHN

Much better screen resolution, faster processor, ami compatibility, upto 32gb sdhc compatibility.

5. A4_MO

A4_MO Member

So if I didn't want to upgrade the HU whats the other route. I have bose is well if that counts. What the deal with dension products

6. NHN

No AMI compatibility with current rns-e for a start, dension only uses the dis not head unit display, there are some dension units that dont even show this either just show cd 1, 2 etc, so if you want the full info on head unit with some mfsw control, then guess best option oem route is as I advised.

7. A4_MO

A4_MO Member

Mmmm this sounds expensive.

8. NHN

Its not cheap, but AMI is good imho.

9. A4_MO

A4_MO Member

So if I just pulled out the changer and plugged in the Ipod with a lead. It will just come up with the track number and could I still use the steering wheel controls ect ect

10. NHN

Yeah should be ok.

11. AudiB7Jay

AudiB7Jay Member Audi A4 S-line owners group Team Aruba Blue saloon TDi Manual

could you PM with a quote for an upgrade to the Mk2 from concert double din please :) also with iphone 5 connectivity? :)