Out with the old in with the new

A4_MO

Reaction score
My CD changer in the box glove box has given up the ghost. Was quite lucky because I got my CDs out.
What I want is to now get rid of it and replace it with something I can plug my Ipod into. But I want the track listings and names to appear,charge and also want to be able to control it with my steering wheel controls.

What I have is a 2007a4 with RNS-E with bluetooth

Is there any thing out there?

Yes, I could install the AMI system for you, would need an rns-e upgrade to the mk2, but this would give you full artist, album & track listing on the rns-e aswell.

PM for prices :)

Much better screen resolution, faster processor, ami compatibility, upto 32gb sdhc compatibility.

So if I didn't want to upgrade the HU whats the other route. I have bose is well if that counts. What the deal with dension products

No AMI compatibility with current rns-e for a start, dension only uses the dis not head unit display, there are some dension units that dont even show this either just show cd 1, 2 etc, so if you want the full info on head unit with some mfsw control, then guess best option oem route is as I advised.

Its not cheap, but AMI is good imho.

So if I just pulled out the changer and plugged in the Ipod with a lead. It will just come up with the track number and could I still use the steering wheel controls ect ect