1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out Of The Frying Pan

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by The Maestro, Apr 12, 2010.

1. The Maestro

The Maestro S3 ~ MTM 330BHP ~ Milltek TBE

[Apr 12, 2010]
    Just been watching "Out Of The Frying Pan" on BBC2 and this week's "Dinner For Duncan" - that would be Duncan Bannatyne.

D'you know what? I'm so glad I have a simple palate because if I was SOOOOOOOOO fussy about food, insisting on regionally sourced food, exotic far flung ingredients and "flavours" and "all the delicate f**kin this-n-that c**p, I reckon that I'd hate 99% of the food I ate and would be obsessed with finding "acceptable food". I mean, the day I know whether SEA URCHIN in undercooked and lacking flavour, SHOOT ME! That's my point - there are more things to live for than such pedantic gastronomy where us humans really don't need much food variety to stay alive.

What mong-brain is disposed to think - ooh, let's eat sea urchin, and when/if one does, makes themselves a flippin conesseur of it?

Just give me a filet steak, some chips, peas and a couple of fried eggs - and give the garnish to the rabbits!

Jeeeeeeeez
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2010
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 29, 2014]

3. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

[Apr 12, 2010]

Lol too right mate, i eat almost 10 tins of baked beans a week some weeks, nothng wrong with baked beans.

I also love fish n chips which is made better because my mum and dad own a chippy!

simple food is the best!, give me a carvery or sunday lunch over any of that ponsey **** anyday
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2010
  4. consilio

consilio Up the owls!

[Apr 13, 2010]
    Must be windy at your house! :icon_thumright:
  5. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

[Apr 13, 2010]
    LOL, to me its only food - you eat so you dont die. The only thing i enjoy is a decent curry though ;-)
  6. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

[Apr 14, 2010]
    Lol, suprisingly not mate, me and beans have an understanding, it seems the more you eat, the more imune you are to the effects of beans as your body gets used to them.
  7. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 14, 2010]
    I enjoy my food, I have the figure to prove it, but I'm not too keen on uncooked foods like Sushi, or shellfish.

You keep telling yourself that ok. :fart: