out of the box and finally onto my car 3sdm 00.1 !!

positive comments always welcomed and criticism can only be constructive each to their own in afew weeks it will be lowered see how it looks then!

positive comments always welcomed and criticism can only be constructive each to their own in afew weeks it will be lowered see how it looks then!

I like the wheels! But it's killing me knowing you have nankang tyres on there! Please change them.......

I couldn't afford new rims once I'd put £600 worth of pzero Nero rosso on mine , worth every penny!

Cheers Sean

im not the type to rag my s3 into corners etc a straight run ok but no bravery into corners yes i know quattro is awesome etc but id be shattered if i smacked up the s3, so nankangs are more of a reason not to get brave on corners!

going in tomorrow for lowering finallly!! found some eibachs from a fellow audi owner on the forum got 25mm on front and 20mm on rear just doing springs, does anyone have a side shot of a s3 lowered on 18s 25mm front 20m rear?

got the s3 lowered yesterday got eibachs off a asn member found them in the classified section, same ones selling on ebay for £189 inc delivery got them for £90 so very happy! and he dropped them off aswell so cant complain he only had them for afew months now he upgraded to coil overs. any how it has lowered my car by 25mm on the front and 20mm on the rear, and while i was at it painted the calipers yellow heres afew pics will get some proper pics later on !!

20120823_150142.jpg

20120823_150152.jpg

20120823_150208.jpg

Rims and height look good mate!

Red calipers would be my preference because I'm all traditional lol

Last edited:
not low enough on the back tho just seems nothing has happen

lovely car any spacers on the rears??

Looks lovely, do you get any rubbing with them? Personally i think it should be as low as the pic below :moa:

Untitled-2.jpg

Reactions: Pubemammal
the wheels look great, but why do you have budget tyres on a some what sporty car ? here's a comment from a review......

Negative: Dangerously long braking distance in the wet, wet understeer, reduced steering precision, loud and uncomfortable.

I dont thrash my car hard into corners or in the wet she is my pride and joy gets it in the straights but i no its got the legendary quattro system but im not too confident in the corners so aslong as the tyres hold air and keep me on the road and be able to get to a destination safely im not too bothered about the brand, but as for rubbing none what so ever i have 8.5j upfront and 9.5j on rear, spacers for the rear are coming in afew weeks plus a private plate! So far soo good car looking nice i cant complain! Thanks for the comments people :) also didnt want to go too low as i like the comfortability of my ride jus wanted it to cover the gap between rim and arch looked like a monster truck on standard height!

looks good. dont mean to rain on ur parade but i wouldnt run nangkangs i had 3 blowouts in less than a year with them on my type r one at 90 and the bead came off the rim

see what the guy above me said !!!!!!!!!!

lol - if you loved your car you wouldn't have death trap tyres on it lol !!

when i had my s3 it came with crap tyres, i was none the wiser, it screeched in the corners, felt horrible and made a lot of noise

once they were all changed it transformed the car - you really do not know what you are missing out on !

Nankang NS2 | the Nankang NS2 reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide

I have to agree, as much as the car looks great on the wheels (and my fav colour for an S3 too) I can't believe you've spent all that money on a car, and new wheels, and then bought the cackest tyres money can buy...i'd rather save a bit of money on the wheels and get some good boots.

Skimping on tyres is silly business. All you need is some wet weather, and unexpected situation (no matter how careful you think you're being it doesn't stop other drivers ruining your plans) and you could easily slide into a curb and ruin your new wheels, or of course worse.

very nice :)

But in 6 weeks you'll have to take them off again if this new bullsh*t EU legislation is passed -_- lol

Nothing wrong with Nankang NS2s, and I've had some shyte tyres over the years! Obviously not as good as a Pirelli or Michelin, but they are the best 'budget' tyre around for the price!

My S3 which I do the occasional track stint is wearing Avon ZZ3's on the rear and Falken 452s on the front, performed not bad considering the price of them.

Tyres to avoid 1000% for the budget brigade...

Cooper Avons(crap is the wet!)
Marshall(almost 20k miles out of these, they are made out of plastic, not rubber)
Fullruns(sounds like an aeroplane taking off when you hit 40mph+)

Respect to jojo ! Thank you, i got it as a set 900quid fully balanced and fitted im happy and its looking the way i want it to! Im happy so not bothered, but thanks for the commments :)

Tyres to avoid 1000% for the budget brigade...

Cooper Avons(crap is the wet!)

I'm not one to argue (much) and I bow down to you superior knowledge but ... on my old A3 when I got made redundant 3 years ago I downsized from 17" S3 wheels with expensive tyres to the original A3 16" sport alloys that it came with and got a set of Cooper tyres put on. I went through several sets of them as they were at least predictable in the dry and wet.

Respect to jojo ! Thank you, i got it as a set 900quid fully balanced and fitted im happy and its looking the way i want it to! Im happy so not bothered, but thanks for the commments :)

Dude - just saw this thread. Nice car! Identical to mine! Where in Bedfrodshirencesterly are you?

Dude - just saw this thread. Nice car! Identical to mine! Where in Bedfrodshirencesterly are you?[/QUOTE]

I dont live in bedfordshirencesterly lol, i live in bedfordshire luton watch this space afew more plans are under way!

Thank you for the comments but please dont turn my thread into a discussion about tyres etc please stick to the subject of the car and how it looks let me worry about sliding crashing etc on my cheap tyres thanks :)

Thank you for the comments but please dont turn my thread into a discussion about tyres etc please stick to the subject of the car and how it looks let me worry about sliding crashing etc on my cheap tyres thanks :)
Members just making you aware Ali :hi:
For the record I have Yokohama Parada spec 2's on my car (not a budget tyre) and they are like driving on ice in the wet,stickier than anything in the dry though.

Back on topic
Your cars height looks good also the yellow callipers are an upgrade for sure..maybe get grooved discs next ?

Yh indeed voorhees i can appreciate people makin a fellow asn member aware but gets a bit annoying after afew comments when there is no mention of the car, been thinking of bigger calipers and disc and pads so maybe r32 or lcr brembos and paint them yellow! ;-) Watch this space!

Looks bangin' now. (not that it didnt before) give it a few weeks n your shocks will get used to the new shorter spring and it will hunker down abit more. (spoke to the previous owner of mine)

I dont live in bedfordshirencesterly lol, i live in bedfordshire luton watch this space afew more plans are under way!

I'm over in MK so not a million miles away if you want to compare S3s :D

Soz - about tyres off topicness.

I like the painted callipers but I think I might go for red - the LCR setup is what I'm after too - but at £400 ish for a decent pair I'm not that bothered. Although some lucky f*ckers manage to get them super cheap.

Just one last reply to answer this.

I'm not one to argue (much) and I bow down to you superior knowledge but ... on my old A3 when I got made redundant 3 years ago I downsized from 17" S3 wheels with expensive tyres to the original A3 16" sport alloys that it came with and got a set of Cooper tyres put on. I went through several sets of them as they were at least predictable in the dry and wet.

I'm just giving feedback based on experience. Once you drive a car with really good tyres, then you realise how bad a tyre can be, as you get use to what you have, and learn to drive/adapt to their strengths. I've used Yoko's and Toyo's which are really good in the dry, but only last half the distance that harder budget tyres can do.

Now back on topic!

Car looks DOPE! :laugh:

Thanks for all the comments guys a private plate and some rear spacers are coming in the next few weeks will update as we plod along!

****in chuffed at the moment, i got hold of the 3" catback exhaust system that was on here made by storm developments, picked it up today and its booked in in the morning at a friends garage to be fitted hope it goes to plan and the car doesn't sound like a corsa! worse come to worse i will remove and sell but the exhaust looks real bad *** and quality built as well running the original cat but i will change that in the few months! then i will decide on the noise...... will put some pics up when its fitted watch this space!

yh man had it all fitted at topgear in st albans sounds nice and deep but very quiet on idle only makes sound when it is pushed very happy with it, gave the car a good clean up today aswell! gonna get a few more pics in a bit.

decat the standard system with 2" pipes to the lambda sensor then 3" to the exit, will be looking at a correct down pipe and sports cat as time goes by.

any ideas on a remap, when i first brought the car it had a bmc panel filter and was mapped but no proof by who or when but since then i have fitted a forge 007p dv and the exhaust and general maintenance so do i remap it again or go for a stage 2?? just info and advice appreciated

20130329_232237_zpsd319cdb5.jpg

20130329_224938_zps7b6a688d.jpg

20130331_183551_zps1d7c2313.jpg

20130331_183536_zps0706470d.jpg

20130331_183414_zpsc59f71ed.jpg

What is it with SUPER old threads getting bumped up with these sorts of questions at the moment?

The tire sizes are clearly visable in these two pictures -

20120630_140111.jpg

IMG_9147.jpg

245/35/18.

Love these wheels so much I've just ordered a set myself! 8.5f 9.5r 225/40/18 falken 453 all round.
Did you find the wheels fit the arches if the S3 ok?
Has anyone else used falken tyres? I've got T1r on my standard wheels and find them ok.

I had Falkens on my modded infiniti G35 coupe and they were Ok. I can't say there are good thou, but at the same time these cars can't be compared, the G35 is a drifter with a happy tail no matter what tyres you use. So I guess falkens will be good on S3/A3

just my 2p's worth ..

not all coilovers are a hard ride

keep the wheels 'waxed' to stop the lacquered surfaces from bubbling up due to stone-chips etc

when you come round to needing new tyres, a 255 or 245/35/18 on the back would fill the arches nicely and has approximately the same rolling radius as a 225/40/18 (which i'm assuming you have at the mo)

just noticed the tyre sizes in the pics .. 5mm spacers on the back then ! :)

What et are they mate? Front rear?
And what tyre size? Cheers

RAWWWW I WISH I HAD A BAN HAMMER!!!

It's in the first post.

"18x8.5 on front 18x9.5 on rear same tyres all round £900 all in balanced fitted locking nuts etc......."

And the tyre sizes are clearly stated above.

Reactions: Nath1790 and Prawn