Out for the count

s3james

Reaction score
Everyone, please take car with these cold Icey conditions. Tonight my worst fear came true to my beloved audi s3. Managed to hit some black I've round a bend. The result wasn't good at all...

As you can see end result was bad. Will be written of. Went through a 1 foot wall, then a fence. Luckily I esaped with no injures along with my friend.

Please everyone take care on the roads. I don't Want to see anymore s3's like mone

least you are ok mate.
not had it long have you?

that's the main thing luckily I am. And nope, was bought in Feb, had for a few weeks, off the road for 6-7 Months, got it back October/November time... now its written off. Must say, these cars are very strong. went through a small wall about 6 inch to 1 foot tall, and a fence. If the wall wasn't there, I could still drive it. but the wall smashed the gearbox, sump, exhaust, fuel lines

seen a lot of people crash these and comment on how well they are built, glad you and your friend came out without any injurys, such a shame about the car though, any plans for sticking a new engine in it or is it game over now?

I think its game over for my girl honestly, going to go see her tonight and have a better look into the damage of it all...

That sucks big time!!! Are you gonna buy another Audi?

Main thing is yer ok but what a bad time of year for it to happen . Hopefully you can get it sorted

It is a write off... And yeah im staying s3. Found a few I like. Not letting something like this knock me back

Reactions: S3 Hilife, Lavis89 and jojo
That'll T-Cut out (well someone was bound to say it)

Glad your ok fella and as you say they are tough old cars and do save the occupants remarkably well compared to some. Lots of good S3's for sale so good luck with the search and keep us posted about the replacement.

Nige

Sorry to hear that Bud, spose the robbing insurance company will give you about £900 for it, less the exess, then double your premium next year. Even if you have protected no claims.

Sorry to hear about this.

The main thing is that you are still in one piece.

We need to remember than we can always replace a car, but not ourselves..

Good luck with the next s3, keep us updated.

Glad your ok ,but not good about the car. on the other hand its onwards and upwards.

car got inspected yesterday, just received the call. she is a write off =(, was expecting this tbh. I have been keeping an eye out for another s3 which I want to try and find in the same imola yellow. or a really well kept s3.
Dare I say this, but I have also been look at a Astra VXR racing edition...

Hardly looks damaged, bonnet is fine, wings are fine, lights didn't even smash, bonnet doesn't even look very broken. can't of been a very good wall.

as I said was only about 1foot tall the wall, the passanegr headlight is smashed, and where the wall went down and the car followed, it smashed the underside of engine, taking the pass smic out, cracking gearbox, knocked the engine back at an angle, sump smashed etc