1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ouch

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by mrw_y2k, Jul 15, 2007.

1. mrw_y2k

mrw_y2k New Member

[Jul 15, 2007]
    Got one of these in Sainsburys today :mad:

Paint's not cracked, no scuff mark, just the dent right on the crease.

Anyone know if those dent removal places would be able to sort it, and how much I'd be looking at?

[​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

[Jul 16, 2007]
    how in gods name did that happen?
  4. terrysingh

terrysingh Member

[Jul 16, 2007]
    i had this happen on my clio williams along time ago, and saw who did it.... a lady in a 4x4 whe just swang the door open hitting the car and did'nt even look at the damage,

when i approached her she said it was already there???? but hey presto the dent lined up perfect with her door, she did'nt wanna give her insurance details as the dent was directly on the crease of the wing, and the whole wing needed spraying!!! ouch, so i threatened to call the police...hey thats wat there there for!!

you should ask sainsburys if they can check there cctv system. i would for damage that bad!
  5. mrw_y2k

mrw_y2k New Member

[Jul 16, 2007]
    Not sure how it was done, pretty sure I've got no chance of working out who did it, all I want to know is has anyone had similar removed by a dent removal person and if so, what was the damage.

Not too happy about it but it's happened, just want to get it sorted. Full wing respray though, that's not what I was wanting to hear...... :ohmy:
  6. terrysingh

terrysingh Member

[Jul 16, 2007]
    yeah bad news i know, try dent devils there good and call out to you, i think the've got a website, my bro had a dent on his bmw and emailed them a pic normaly they can advise you based on that, but yours looks like its on the lip of the bend same as mine the dent guy went to push it out but the paint cracked off as soon as the dent flexed back into shape, this might have had something to do with it being a renault?
  7. mrw_y2k

mrw_y2k New Member

[Jul 16, 2007]
    Just done some checking on dent removal guys, seeing these pics of dents they've removed gives me some confidence.

http://www.dingmaster.co.uk/images.html

Still a pain in the @rse forking out for it though, was looking to spend cash on window tints next, not getting dents remove!
  8. Teutonic_Tamer

Teutonic_Tamer GreasedMonkey HoofHearted

[Jul 17, 2007]
    I've personally used Dent Devils a few times, and have always been mighty impressed with their results.

You may be able to save yourself a few £££ by stripping the interior trim yourself.
  9. Nickynibbles

Nickynibbles Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!

[Jul 17, 2007]
    Definately strip the interior, called out a company quite a few years ago on a renault 19 & because i'd striped the interior for him he went round the rest of the car & took every dent out and no extra charge!! Its a simple process they use but very skilled all the same, worth trying though cos a bodyshop will see dollar signs if you take it in.
  10. mrw_y2k

mrw_y2k New Member

[Jul 17, 2007]
    Cheers guys, good advice.

Been quoted around £130 from a local place (dentrewind.com) and they said around 2-3hrs because they'd need to strip the interior trim.
  11. Teutonic_Tamer

[Jul 18, 2007]
    Don't you feel up to stripping the interior trim yourself? If you were able to do so, you could probably half that price!
  12. mrw_y2k

mrw_y2k New Member

[Jul 18, 2007]
    Erm... that's why I said good advice!

No problem stripping the interior, did it last night.
  13. Teutonic_Tamer

[Jul 23, 2007]
    mrw_y2k - have you had the dent sorted yet?

Did they do a good job?