1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other than a regular service.....

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by T0m, Feb 2, 2012.

1. T0m

T0m Active Member

[Feb 2, 2012]
    .....what do you all do to your cars to keep it in tip top condition?

I was driving to site the other day thought about this and thought it would be a good conversation post to see what others do as the only thing I do is regulary service my car as and when it is required!

What is your thoughts guys.....

Thanks

Tom
  2. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

[Feb 3, 2012]
    Many members who own 1.8T's do an oil service every 6 months using VAG Filters and so on. The long life service plan offered buy Audi is a big No No on the 1.8Ts. I look after my car better than I look after myself. I have replaced the suspension, turbo back exhaust , 3 set's of 19" alloy's ,Badger5 remap engine bay polished and powder coated .
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  3. Grangey.

Grangey. Member

[Feb 3, 2012]
    I just attempt to keep it clean and make sure things work as they should. What more can you do really lol
  4. T0m

T0m Active Member

[Feb 3, 2012]
    CMD - I know the issues with the oil, I only do mine every year or 10k which ever comes first to be fair but was thinking now its on 88k I may get the pickup pipe replaced just for peace of mind if your with me.As for what other things you can do Grangey, I was thinking of things like adding a can on Wynns to your petrol every few months to keep your injectors in tip top condition etc maybe take parts off to clean I dont know really hence why I was asking what others do just a bit of knowledge sharing if your with me?
  5. Grangey.

Grangey. Member

[Feb 3, 2012]
    Ahh i see what you mean, interesting points.

I litterally do as I say- keep it clean, make sure it works- ie if I get a warning light, i get it fixed- thats it, but tbh Im not as worried about my diesel engine as I would be if I owned a 1.8T- i would be doing far more riggourous stuff on a petrol.
  6. T0m

T0m Active Member

[Feb 3, 2012]
    So what would those rigorous things be then Grangey?
  7. Grangey.

Grangey. Member

[Feb 3, 2012]
    Same thing id do on any performance engine/car, change the oil more regularly and the spark plugs, check and replace certain filters more often, check the general wear and tear of things and replace those that are looking a little shoddy etc, replace things fit little things like magnetic oil sump plug and gearbox plug, pay closer attention to things like brake fluid and pads, checking things like engine mounts are still solid every 6 months etc etc

As my diesel isnt a performace car though I dont drive it that way, it poddles, and keeps poddleing and poddling and poddling bar the odd small thing ive needed to change, I havnt felt Ive needed to do anything other than keep it serviced and clean! :)
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012