Original AUX port next to cigarette lighter

just017

Reaction score
I'm not sure which cars have it, but can you buy the Aux in port and mount that goes next to the cigarete ligher just below the drivers arm rest? And if i do can it be connected up to the RNS-e to plug an MP3 player into?

Thanks

I've tried it on my 08 A3 and it does work... The only problem is the volume output is way too quiet.

It may just be the setup though.

My install if any help & volume is lower but works:

auxport1.JPG

Very nice, think we might have to add that lil one to the list too... very well priced mod that!

Yeah well I added the wiring & the proper cloth tape for oem style, as well as making the loom & dremeling out the correct fitment to be square without damaging the surrounding area where the port sat, things may look easy but some are time consuming to be exactly right, but happy with result.

Hi guys, sorry to hijack this thread but i have a question about the aux port in the car.

When i first got it and plugged in into my iphone whensomeone rang the voice came through my speakers, then it suddenly stopped doing this. Is there a setting in the menu to enable the sound to come through my speakers when someone rings me?

Cheers

Hi guys, sorry to hijack this thread but i have a question about the aux port in the car.

When i first got it and plugged in into my iphone whensomeone rang the voice came through my speakers, then it suddenly stopped doing this. Is there a setting in the menu to enable the sound to come through my speakers when someone rings me?

Cheers

Hi - What Iphone is it first gen? and why don't you use the blutooth facility?

Hi - What Iphone is it first gen? and why don't you use the blutooth facility?

Hi mate, its 3g, it worked for a few times then just stopped?

and i dont have bluetooth function in the car.

Hi mate, its 3g, it worked for a few times then just stopped?

and i dont have bluetooth function in the car.

Hi again - I ask this because one of the chaps on this forum mentioned if you have the 1st gen which I have you need to get hold of this aux connector that fits more snugly to the I Phone connection then fit it to the Aux in but that sounds irrelevant as you have the 3rd Gen - have you played around with all the settings? which unit do you have?

Hi again - I ask this because one of the chaps on this forum mentioned if you have the 1st gen which I have you need to get hold of this aux connector that fits more snugly to the I Phone connection then fit it to the Aux in but that sounds irrelevant as you have the 3rd Gen - have you played around with all the settings? which unit do you have?

Oh, im not to sure whatever unit comes with an 09 Audi Sport 1.9 lol.