Original Audi number plate LED's that fit the A3 8P - plug & play!

tried again to code mine in with no joy. think i must have the wrong module. code accepts fine but still get the dis error. wondering could i fit resisters in the wiring like my new LED fogs have in from T8ups???

would love to still keep the OEM lamps with out errors is poss.

Jamie

tried again to code mine in with no joy. think i must have the wrong module. code accepts fine but still get the dis error. wondering could i fit resisters in the wiring like my new LED fogs have in from T8ups???

Jamie

jamie,

get in touch with SilkyS3, he did this months ago to his 2010 s3 and it works a treat. he should have pictures of where to mount.

Thanks

Jamie
hi. did you check are they working? as when i did fit mine i was getting error on DIS because metal contacts on the back of the LED's were short and didn't seat on their place so one light didn't work at all. after few mins of trying to extend and position the contacts and screwing it tight, everything was fine.

s.

hi. did you check are they working? as when i did fit mine i was getting error on DIS because metal contacts on the back of the LED's were short and didn't seat on their place so one light didn't work at all. after few mins of trying to extend and position the contacts and screwing it tight, everything was fine.

s.

Yeah are they both seem to work straight from packet. I've looked at them a few times and they are always on.

As if by miracle.....

717ade7c.jpg

6d78e6e2.jpg

They fixed themselves :wub:

Over the moon with that ;)

Last edited:
I extended the prongs on one, and left it, then today when I started the car, they were working :laugh:

All I know is.....

God works in mysterious ways

you had same issue that i had. glad you got it working. they do look great.

Is it possible to upgrade the software version above 650 I think ? Or how much roughly for a newer module?

White Audi RS3,

you need to go to byte 17, turn the 1st 0 in the binary box to 1, then click into another byte, exit and do it. you may get a msg up giving 3 options, click no and it will save. and it may work.

Thanks
Trups

Is it possible to upgrade the software version above 650 I think ? Or how much roughly for a newer module?

You would need vas or odis to verify with vag germany if update was available, but newer versions are about £270.

To verify if there's updates available you will be able to use odis & vas aswell, as its been done numerous times by my dealer, I know this as my ecu was done & I know the guys very well & my mate has updated with vas on his mk5 from home, lol.

White Audi RS3,

you need to go to byte 17, turn the 1st 0 in the binary box to 1, then click into another byte, exit and do it. you may get a msg up giving 3 options, click no and it will save. and it may work.

Thanks
Trups

Okey, thanks a lot t8ups. I going to try that today.
Does anyone know, how to get 09-cent.elect and Security Access? There is password or something...

I went to byte 17, turn the 1st 0 in the binary box to 1 but it doesn't work! What is wrong with my car?! Can anyone help me, lala30?

I went to byte 17, turn the 1st 0 in the binary box to 1 but it doesn't work! What is wrong with my car?! Can anyone help me, lala30?

i think you have the same problem as me. wrong SW cant remeber exactly but i think you need SW650 and above and you have the same as me which is SW615 so wont code up. it sucks, im going to see a guy i know with VAS hopefully i can update to module and then im able to code in LED plate lights.

HTH

Not sure but I think the first binary number is the one at the right hand end of the code. Presumably that is the one you changed from zero to one ?

Google Translate

Found this on google as Jambo26 says you need software version 0651 and above. My car is an early MY11, so I don't think I have this.
Can this be upgraded without buying a new part? i.e updated by Audi.

Thanks
Ed

Google Translate

Found this on google as Jambo26 says you need software version 0651 and above. My car is an early MY11, so I don't think I have this.
Can this be upgraded without buying a new part? i.e updated by Audi.

Thanks
Ed

this is what im hoping a can do. anyone with vas or odis can chech from what i can gather. hopefully find out at the weekend if mine will update.

Thanks Jambo,
Let us know how you get on.

i will fella, was gonna go down the load resister circuit option, but them thought about seeing about a update.

Yes modules can be upgraded, but only with the upgrade file that comes with vas/odis or via the online link to germany.

i think you have the same problem as me. wrong SW cant remeber exactly but i think you need SW650 and above and you have the same as me which is SW615 so wont code up. it sucks, im going to see a guy i know with VAS hopefully i can update to module and then im able to code in LED plate lights.

HTH

This is mine
1AudiRS3CentElect09.jpg

as same as you have :(

Not sure but I think the first binary number is the one at the right hand end of the code. Presumably that is the one you changed from zero to one ?

I did according to this
So boot up your VCDS and head on over to 09 - Central electrics module.
Check for any fault codes before you start.

Open up the Long coding and then long code helper, make a copy of your long code in paragraph1) (keep it somewhere safe)

Click on byte 17 in paragraph 3)

Right the key here is that if you look at my screen shot i HAVEN'T got Bit 7 (The one you meet to sellect to turn off bulb monitoring), the key here is to ignore the bits and look at the binary box this is where i have got 8 bits (0-7) so turning the first digit to '1' is the equivilant to ticking the bit box '7' (Binary is read backwards and starts at 0)
BEFORE

before.jpg

AFTER

After.jpg

Close the Long code helper and save the code.

After this i turned the ignition off and back on again, turned the lights on and…………………………….. NO BULB WARNINGS!!!
I have a 2012 sport back BE so i don't know if this method will work with all but hey, worth a try in it!!!!!
Thanks again to lala!

Then let as all know if there is anything new about this matter. I want to get LED lights work!!!

But what is this??? I mean Byte 23, Bit 6
3AudiRS3CentElect09RecodeModuleLongCoding.jpg

Well after both Trups and I couldn't get these to work on my 53reg A3 at AITP, I've given up so I have a pair for sale if anyone's interested.

hey guys, after speaking to a vw ex techy he asked if i could get him a SVM code for the central elec module for VAS . for him to be able to chech for updates on my central elec module hopefully getit up to aleast 0651.

Hope this makes sense

Cheers

Jamie

Been looking for a solution on the net for a way to upgrade the module, so far I've found a "TPI 2029738". Which I believe is a technical fix for malfunctioning rear wiper etc, but basically updates the module to a more recent level.
I think you should be able to ask for this at your Audi garage.

I'll try and give my dealer a call some day and see.

Been looking for a solution on the net for a way to upgrade the module, so far I've found a "TPI 2029738". Which I believe is a technical fix for malfunctioning rear wiper etc, but basically updates the module to a more recent level.
I think you should be able to ask for this at your Audi garage.

I'll try and give my dealer a call some day and see.

Is that TPI 2029738 the SMV code for the cental electrics module??

TPI is Technical Product Information which I think is the details of a known technical issue and the fix. In this case the fix in TPI 2029738, should be update electrics module with SVM??
All the details are in German forums but basically you tell your dealer you are having intermittant problems with your rear wiper and sugest the TPI2029738, they update the module and all is good except you loose any previous coding.

TPI's are listed in elsawin, mine is out of date so maybe someone else can check what the TPI exactly states.

Where can I check what is my current TPI? And where can it be changed? Audi dealer?
VCDSCentElectOpenController.jpg