1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

original alloy mirrors, should i ???

AVLO Jan 29, 2013

1. AVLO

AVLO Active Member

The issue is that I currently have the cheap tacky ebay chrome covers on my s3 which were on the car when i bought it and honestly they are awful. Now the question is i have chance of some genuine s3 alloy mirrors in decent nick for a mere £80 so should i get these or should i take the caps off and get the mirrors sprayed in either same white or something like black?

Whats your thoughts

Matt

2. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

£80 for 2 genuine OEM alloy mirrors.... 100% get them!

I wouldn't want to say how much I paid for mine 3+ years ago :shutup2:

3. Steven.c

Steven.c Auto-Motive Restored Deatail

As above, these mirrors are worth a fortune. I was lucky to get them already on my A3 from the previous owner.

4. s3clarke

s3clarke Money grabbing s3!

My originals came on my car from factory I believe, I wouldn't fancy replacing 1. at that price u'd be silly to let them go! :asskicking:

5. M12RJX

M12RJX Member

sorry if i sound cheeky but if u dont buy these please let me know where you found them wouldnt mind a pair for my s3

6. AVLO

AVLO Active Member

Thanks for the reply's guys i like the mirrors myself but wondered weather it would suit the car more with different colour mirrors, I.e. Black?? If i decide.not to go for them i will let ya no M12RJX.
    Thumbsup

7. M12RJX

M12RJX Member

no worries mate! ye cheers for that i quite like the look of them on my red s3

8. Dan-Jnr

Dan-Jnr Well-Known Member

The original aluminium mirrors in my opinion are the only ones that look good on an S3.
    I bought my car with colour coded mirrors, and the first thing I did was track down some OEM alloy mirrors and swap over.
    Makes a hell of a difference.

9. mattyboy199

mattyboy199 Well-Known Member

buy the mirrors & sell your originals for what £40 ? if you dont like them spray them up !

10. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Genuine mirrors for £80 - smells a bit fishy if you ask me. These things are probably the most nicked items on an 8L...

11. RobinJI

RobinJI Active Member

I'd remove your ones covers and paint them colour coded or gloss black. I only say that because I'm not really a fan of chrome/polished metal on white cars, it just kind of clashes in my eyes. But then I'm not you, so just do whatever you'd like the best!

12. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I run chrome inpro ones. No one nicks these, I have genuine metal ones in a cupboard somewhere in my kitchen.

13. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving VCDS Map User

When mine were nicked, the cheapest I could get them for was £250. And that was because the eBay guy took pity on me when I said mine had been ripped off just before an MOT.