1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ordering new A3. Recommendations for options?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Flat6, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Flat6

Flat6 Brilliant Black Black edition

[Feb 2, 2010]
    Hi all. I'm planning on ordering a new A3 SB S-line as a company car. Once the lease value is worked out I should have around £1600 to spend on options. Xenons are a must for me which consumes £545 immediately, but what else does everyone recommend?

I'm thinking along the lines of Xenons, Audio pack (Bose and Symphony HU for £500) and comfort pack (rear parking sensors, cruise, light and rain sensor for £500).

Alternatively I could maybe scrape the Xenons and Magnetic ride. Is this a worthwhile consideration? The last A3 I drove seemed a little short on steering feel and I understand the Mag ride improves this on the TT, so maybe on the A3 too???

Thoughts?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. d3mon

d3mon Member

[Feb 2, 2010]
    A3 Black Edition is the way forward (if you have that option), Xenons and Bose+symphony are standard. Suspension is dropped a touch lower than standard S-line too, so you'll get improved handling and a better feel for the road.
  4. maninthestreet

maninthestreet Member

[Feb 2, 2010]
    Light/Rain Sensor pack (auto lights and wipers) - Note: Neither front nor rear foglights can be used in AUTO setting, you have to switch to manual lights.
    Interior Light Pack.
    Main Beam Assist (auto-switch from main beam to dipped, and back again - requires Sight and Light pack).
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Mar 3, 2010]
    High Beam Assistance, not Main Beam Assist, but definitely bixenon adaptives with auto lights/wipers & make sure you get rear view dim with side dims & folding mirrors which actually come as a £400 pack iirc on new cars, rest is at choice, I wouldnt get magride when could get better on a set of good dampers/coils, your choice, but then I'm a tech whore.
  6. Flat6

Flat6 Brilliant Black Black edition

[Mar 3, 2010]
    Thanks. Managed to wangle the Black Edition in the end plus comfort, sound and interior light packs, heated alcantara and a couple of other bits. I'm happy with the spec, just got the long 3 month wait now!
  7. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 3, 2010]
    I agree with Nigel. Personally I would not want to have an A3 or any other car without Xenon headlights and auto dimming rear view and external mirrors and an S-tronic gearbox. The rest of the options are down to personal choice.