Ordered my S3

whiteunderarm

Reaction score
Ordered my S3 about 3 weeks ago...got a call today and car is expected to be delivered mid June...:scared2: Think i might die between now and then from all the waiting! I live in South Africa btw...that probably explains the delay...plenty of S3's for sale from the dealers but non of them spec'd to my liking so guess i'll just sit it out :wacko:

ARRGGHH!! Bit of a wait... glad I dont have that long hAHHAHAHA

nothin major...armrest, sunroof, Bose, ipod prep, 18' rs4 alloys, and auto light and rain sensor...flat bottom steering is standard here in S.A though...but the RS4 bucket seats are just plain crazy expensive here...45k optional works out roughly 3000 pounds :wtf: ...what are prices for the bucket seats there if i may ask?

hey hey,

From South Africa also...

Ordered mine early Nov last year and getting it mid March... It's already on the water!

Funny i've ordered the same specs as you...

What colour? I went for ice silver (almost went for white)

Rich

JHB

You either buy them with your heart, or not at all.. The price is crazy...

Need to sort a yorkshire meet kontraband :D

yeah, would be cool... then I can test out your bucket seats and we can compare umbrellas! ;)

forgot to mention also added the park distance...ordered it in phantom black...really think white is the best colour for the S but too many around here in jozi...got a black GTI at the moment so thought id stick with black...so you roughly also waiting 5 months for yours...hmmm wish it would hurry the hell up :motz: you lucky your's is only a few weeks away :hubbahubba: was actually wondering if by the time mine arrives it'll come out with the new headlight cluster coming out on the new facelift A3 :think:

I'm going to be super sandy if they change anything on the S3 this early :motz: can't really see how they can with it being so new...

Did they give you a demo S3 for a day before you ordered it? I got one fully kitted for the day and only had to drop it off the next morning... Fulled up 3 times that day :jump: Loved every second!

Hell no! I wish i got 1 for a day...which dealer did you manage to get that from? Think im gonna call them in the morning :hubbahubba: I live in jhb but i ordered mine from George coz i know a guy there and they were willing to give me 5% discount, included all leather for free, included all reg and delivery costs for free and it'll be delivered to my front door :jump:

L60N said:
Need to sort a yorkshire meet kontraband :D

Hey matey... let us know when it is, I'll try and come along too.

I'm not far from yorkshire :icon_thumright:

Ditto, if it's on the right weekend i'd be up for a meet (originally from Yorkshire, so get up there quite a bit!).

whiteunderarm said:
Hell no! I wish i got 1 for a day...which dealer did you manage to get that from? Think im gonna call them in the morning :hubbahubba: I live in jhb but i ordered mine from George coz i know a guy there and they were willing to give me 5% discount, included all leather for free, included all reg and delivery costs for free and it'll be delivered to my front door :jump:

All the dealers here in JHB do it. You just have to ask.:w00t:

Damn i wish i could have gotten a 5% discount and leather!!!!!!! I only got a 2% discount and now with the price increase it's dropped i'm sure and I have to suffer with the cloth/leather :sorry:

Nope there are two in South Africa that are used as test drive units. Both are fully kitted with just about everything (one with buckets other without). They get sent around to the different dealers (the dealers book them for the day) and then you get to leave your car there and take the puppy home! It's the only way to really test drive the car. They were the cars used by all the car mags in sa. The only prob is that all the dealers just booked them out as much as they could even if no one requested the drive. I was lucky i went to one of those dealers... The day i decided to have a look at the S3 i was driving one home (for the night)

What area are you in?

Looks like a Yorkshire s3 meet is a goer!! :cool:

any thoughts/ideas welcomed :icon_thumright:

Ah well i'm in sandton but went to the bruma audi first because i was driving by and the chick told me i wouldn't be able to test drive it. Then i went to an audi next to the glen (close to my work) and they got one from audi SA for me...

L60N said:
Looks like a Yorkshire s3 meet is a goer!! :cool:

any thoughts/ideas welcomed :icon_thumright:

yeah, start a thread here, and lets see whos up for it and where/when etc. Never been to a meet , but I assume we just need to decide a start/finish point with a pub near to get some food or summat, and a day and time? :think:

Then a list of people + contact numbers. :uhm:

richardn said:
hey hey,

From South Africa also...

Ordered mine early Nov last year and getting it mid March... It's already on the water!

Funny i've ordered the same specs as you...

What colour? I went for ice silver (almost went for white)

Rich

JHB
Dealers in UK will do buckets for circa 1500. Glad you went for silver, white looks like a Van or a Plod.

Dont worry too much about the cloth/leather, its not that bad. You can take it to an upholster and get the cloth redone in leather.

Or fit Recaro Sportster seat (with airbags) but they cost around R35,000. From factory the buckets have airbags in the A pillar, and the normal seats have airbags in the seats. If you retrofit the Audi buckets you lose the airbags, which is not worth it.

I'm also glad i went for silver... White is becoming a very popular colour very quickly over here in SA.

Yeah, sakkie, the sales guy at audi said that for much less than the 11k for factory covered leather seats i could get it done here and he said they do it really well... Will try the cloth/leather for a while though...

yeah, white seems to be becoming popular over here too.. though I doubt very much it will ever overtake silver or even black. It does seem the colour of the moment though, with a white Q7 in the dealers, a white 911 turbo in the porsche dealers and a white 135i in the BMW shop...

Of course, there are also silver and black cars in higher numbers at all dealers.

well here in sa white was the most common colour for cars and now it's become cool... It's going to be crazy in a year or two...

What really did it for me was when a local car mag did a "12 best cars of 08" story and every single car was white...

richardn said:
well here in sa white was the most common colour for cars and now it's become cool... It's going to be crazy in a year or two...

What really did it for me was when a local car mag did a "12 best cars of 08" story and every single car was white...

:sign_pics: