1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ordered a Sportback 2.0TDI

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by benw123, Oct 10, 2004.

1. benw123

benw123 Moderator

[Oct 10, 2004]
    Hey everyone,

Spot the newbie! Ordered a new Sportback 2.0TDI about four weeks ago, and got a call in the week from the dealer to say it's being built right now. Should arrive in the first couple of weeks in November, so I'm getting pretty excited!

Haven't spotted any on the road yet so some exclusivity is guaranteed - for a while at least! Any Sportback owners here? What are you thoughts so far?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. garethj

garethj Member

[Oct 10, 2004]
    Seen loads, its just hard to spot them as they look a lot like the 3 door from the front.
  4. garethj

garethj Member

[Oct 11, 2004]
    Steveb I think you have to remember that all new car models are bound to suffer some teething problems whether they are Audi, BMW, Mercedes or whatever. I guess you should count yourself lucky that we as early adopters have acted as guinea pigs to sort most of them out.

My car was totally rattle free when I first got it (first car ever not to have even the slightest niggle), its just a shame its gone down hill since. As Yak said the wiper problem was a bit of an issue with early cars, it only affected right hand drive cars, hence the reason Yak didn't have the problem.
  5. benw123

benw123 Moderator

[Oct 11, 2004]
    In any case, the warranty should cover anything that goes wrong. Anything particular to the Sportback to be wary of, or is it too early to tell?