Order Order

51mon

Reaction score
I am about to order a 2.0T Cabriolet Special Edition for my wife. She has just said that she would like Silver Metalic with a red hood - has anyone come across this combination, if so can you please post some pictures as I need convincing!

Dealer tells me that factory delivery times are about 12 weeks due to a problem with the headlights - is this true and if that is the case would it be better selling her 05 1.8T Sport privatly as we have been offered £13.75k for it.

Thanks

Simon

Isn't 12 weeks about the normal delivery time anyway?

I've seen silver with a red hood and it looks OK but you'd be best to judge for yourself.

The Jury is out on this one....not a fan of the red roof look personally, but if thats what the lady wants

it's gotta be black, ordered mine 2 weeks ago and not heard anything about dodgy headlights 12 weeks is normal delivery time for a new motor

I think that looks mint! What colour leather?

I do like the idea of a red roof, but wasn't brave (!) enough to actually order it :) S-Line spec limits you to black leather, and I assume the SE version is similarly restricted. I think that's a shame; I'd have quite liked red seats (though not in conjunction with a red roof :faint:)

Peter

PeterS said:
I do like the idea of a red roof, but wasn't brave (!) enough to actually order it :) S-Line spec limits you to black leather, and I assume the SE version is similarly restricted. I think that's a shame; I'd have quite liked red seats (though not in conjunction with a red roof :faint:)

Peter

I think red seats and red roof would look sweeeet! On a black car, or silver! Shame you're so limited to black really!

That was my only dissapointment, I would have paid extra for red leather, as it does indeed look sweet in Black Cars, but not even an option on the SE, same as the S-line.

Harsh

We placed the order yesterday - red hood it is! Thanks for all your words of advice.

Simon

I got my seats done in red alcantara centres with black leather bolsters and red stitching by Classic Car Services - very happy with the work. I must have a look at posting some pictures. They charge £1200 + VAT for most combinations of leather and alcantara. http://www.classiccarservices.co.uk/

Chris