1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Order Order

51mon Feb 14, 2008

1. 51mon

51mon New Member

I am about to order a 2.0T Cabriolet Special Edition for my wife. She has just said that she would like Silver Metalic with a red hood - has anyone come across this combination, if so can you please post some pictures as I need convincing!

Dealer tells me that factory delivery times are about 12 weeks due to a problem with the headlights - is this true and if that is the case would it be better selling her 05 1.8T Sport privatly as we have been offered £13.75k for it.

Thanks

Simon

2. Macduff

Macduff Member

Isn't 12 weeks about the normal delivery time anyway?

I've seen silver with a red hood and it looks OK but you'd be best to judge for yourself.

3. Gilly

Gilly Member

The Jury is out on this one....not a fan of the red roof look personally, but if thats what the lady wants

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. migzy

migzy Member

it's gotta be black, ordered mine 2 weeks ago and not heard anything about dodgy headlights 12 weeks is normal delivery time for a new motor

5. mattfinn

mattfinn Smoking is good for you

I think that looks mint! What colour leather?

6. PeterS

PeterS Member

I do like the idea of a red roof, but wasn't brave (!) enough to actually order it :) S-Line spec limits you to black leather, and I assume the SE version is similarly restricted. I think that's a shame; I'd have quite liked red seats (though not in conjunction with a red roof :faint:)

Peter

7. mattfinn

mattfinn Smoking is good for you

I think red seats and red roof would look sweeeet! On a black car, or silver! Shame you're so limited to black really!

8. Gilly

Gilly Member

That was my only dissapointment, I would have paid extra for red leather, as it does indeed look sweet in Black Cars, but not even an option on the SE, same as the S-line.

Harsh

9. 51mon

51mon New Member

We placed the order yesterday - red hood it is! Thanks for all your words of advice.

Simon

10. chrisru

chrisru Guest

I got my seats done in red alcantara centres with black leather bolsters and red stitching by Classic Car Services - very happy with the work. I must have a look at posting some pictures. They charge £1200 + VAT for most combinations of leather and alcantara. http://www.classiccarservices.co.uk/

Chris