1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orange light on dash

AudiLad Feb 18, 2008

1. AudiLad

AudiLad Member

hey,i have an orange light that has come on,checked my manual it says its something to do with my emissions,its looks a bit like a tap and its orange,does anyone know wot it is and how to sort it? thanks

2. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

Could be a number of things mate only someone with a vagcom computer will be able to plug it in and read the fault code.

3. AudiLad

AudiLad Member

arite tar,ive got audi warranty on it,just wonderin if it was staright forward problem 1st

4. MJZ 6370

MJZ 6370 Member

Do you have a 170 TDI by any chance?

5. AudiLad

AudiLad Member

nope its a 140 mate,its a diesel tho,could this be something that effects the diesels?

6. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member VCDS Map User

If its still under warranty then just get it back to Audi and tell them to fix it.

7. AudiLad

AudiLad Member

plan on,just thought it might have been a simple thing

8. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member VCDS Map User

It probably is something simple but without a VAG-COM scan you have no way of knowing where the problem lies.

9. bacardi

bacardi Active Member

if it helps, this was apparently caused by a faulty throttle body with my A3, something made me a little suspicious though, maybe the fact the dealer had them in stock

10. AudiLad

AudiLad Member

ok thanks,well il take it in to audi and let them sort it out under warranty,but i shall let you know if it turns out to be a faulty throttle body or not

11. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member VCDS Map User

Not quite a throttle body I can't remember what the official name is.

Beware though if it is you'll probably find that it has also taken out the fan controller fuse.

Yes it is a common fault, the Audi Assist guy had one on the van and fixed mine at home.

Paul

12. AudiLad

AudiLad Member

no probelms with my fan mate,so possibly wont be that then