1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Options On Lowering Springs Or Coil Overs - A3 Quattro ?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Dazboss, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Dazboss

Dazboss Like A Thristy Dingo ;)

Hello all,

I'm thinking now i've got bigger wheels (17"'s) my A3 needs a drop. I've had a look for coil overs but there expensive. I'm only looking for 30mm - 40mm max so she sits right.

Where's best place to per'chase them & do i just slip some spring on or fit some coil overs for the right price ?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

If you go springs Daz, I reckon you should get some shocks too.

4. Dazboss

As in uprated shocks ? its not so much the handling more the look with me really, i don't hammer it much.

5. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Well, i guess fresh standard shocks will do, I'm using KYBs on my Passat, and rate them highly, you can get those cheap right?

6. Ryan Milne

Ryan Milne New Member

Ye you'll need shocks as i thought i would be one of the lucky ones and just fit springs with standard shocks and what do you know? A week later the rear shockers both give up. It is'nt to say your's are as old or as used as mines were, but just giving you the heads up. Mines is lowered 30mm btw.

7. Dazboss

Yeah i'l get some KYB Ultra SR's there uprated standards. I dont want to go too mad on the modding side.

8. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor