1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

optional roof rails or not?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by BeatmasterB, Apr 10, 2010.

1. BeatmasterB

BeatmasterB New Member

[Apr 10, 2010]
    Hi, cant decide if to have the roof rails or not - what you guys think about em??

Ordering a phantom black sport back S3, with maybe the silver roof rails...
    Not seen that many pics of S3s in phantom black considering it seems to be quite a popular colour, and have yet to see a good pic of a sportback with silver roof rails for comparison - If anyone's got one and could post a pic that would be well appreciated!! (and one without to compare also).
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. percymon

percymon Member

[Apr 10, 2010]
    On an A4 estate then maybe, on a low spec sportback they look odd and have no place on a S3 IMHO
  4. RGS3

RGS3 Member

[Apr 10, 2010]
    I've not long moved to a S3 Sportback from a 3dr S3, I think the roof rails look great - makes the car look bigger in a way. Not to mention that practically I'm also thinking of getting some roof bars to carry the mountain bikes which will fit nicely.
  5. Ben H

Ben H On a journey...

[Apr 10, 2010]
    My 2.0TQ came with them fitted and they're a real bonus when it comes to carrying things on the roof. If you think you'd use a roof rack system at any stage, they are worthwhile and a very solid alternative to mounting aftermarket rails.
  6. BeatmasterB

BeatmasterB New Member

[Apr 10, 2010]
    thanks for the comments... I think the roof bars give it more of the practical outdoor activity/adventure vehicle image - and i will be using it as an everyday car for carrying mountain bikes on holiday, dog in the back etc...
  7. 3.2 Ju

3.2 Ju Well-Known Member

[Apr 11, 2010]
    I think the roof bars look great tbh, more than just a practical addition but also because they are low profile, a styling feature as well.
    My first sportback didn't have them but my current one does and if I get another they will be definately be high up on my priority list even if it's an S3!
  8. kkp0897

kkp0897 Member

[Apr 11, 2010]
    Mate, make sure you make your mind up to have them or not. Trying a retrofit post purchase is a mare. That said, definately have them as it'll look great on black, practical uses no withstanding.

KKP