1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

opinions ?

AAR4N Jun 15, 2014

1. AAR4N

AAR4N Member

I have changed my badges to black, I think the front looks odd, I think it would look better with the grill sprayed gloss black. Let me know what you guys an girls think.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers.

2. tcardio

tcardio Well-Known Member

you can do anything you want but tbh, it looks wayward. I'm a purist so go black edition or keep it OEM. Silver color looks good OEM or black edition. the rear s3 badge gotsta go

3. max69vk

max69vk Active Member

The front looks odd as you've got the gunmetal colour grill, personally I'd of left of left the badge silver on the front, alternatively you could spray the whole grill & surround black.

4. Phil-1

Phil-1 Well-Known Member Regional Rep

I like the rear badge but the front does look a bit odd

5. Forbzeeee

Forbzeeee Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Team Sepang Audi S3

I tried changing mine to black but didn't like it so went back to the original look. I definitely prefer silver rings on the front but if you like it then go with it.

6. Compkiler

Compkiler Active Member

I have been thinking about this also the last couple of days coincidentally... Mines also a silver S3 and the grill is grey/silver and the fog light grills are black so I'm thinking of getting the grill plasti dipped... Is that the best and cheapest way to do it? Then there's the decision on whether to keep the front audi badge silver or not...?

7. Compkiler

Compkiler Active Member

If you do get the front grill done, post a pic here please or several pics ;-)

8. JackJones

JackJones Member

I think even on a black grill the silver rings look sweet, just changed my grill black cost 350 from audi :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402912540.119466.jpg here take a look

9. y2kcurran

y2kcurran Member

Original chrome rings and black grill surround 👍 lovely contrast, I'd leave the rear rings chrome too I've never liked them black

10. AAR4N

AAR4N Member

Cheers guys, am gonna have a think and will post pics of the end result .

11. perazzi

perazzi Active Member

Hi mate! :racer:

I've got some plastidip (matt) if you're up for a go. If you don't like it, it comes off just about as quick as it goes on. And if you do, there's a 'glossifier' you can spray over the top - tho I've no idea how that looks.

Anybody any thoughts as to whether it's best to take the grill off (how?), or just mask-off?

P

12. JackJones

JackJones Member

Just mask off, you will need to remove the full bumper if you want to take the grill off.

13. AAR4N

AAR4N Member

Yeah could give that a go like. We're are you located ? And how much do you want for doing it ?

cheers

14. willz17

willz17 Member

I plastidipped my grill :)
    I think it looks ace and did it with the bumper still on!

[​IMG]

Will

15. AAR4N

AAR4N Member

That looks wkd mate. Think I will have to do this now haha. Dunno if it will look as mean on a silver s3 like. Should look better tho. Do you know roughly how much a black edition grill is from audi ?

16. willz17

willz17 Member

Well for me the black optics grill is over £300 for the 8p2.
    A can of plastidip is £25 so I chose the can :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403093686.955275.jpg

17. JackJones

JackJones Member

Like I said guy the grill from audi was 350 :) not cheap and that's NOT with fitting :)

18. AAR4N

AAR4N Member

Hey guys a little update here. I got my grill and fog surrounds plasti-dipped by Perazzi. Here is the end result. A very good job indeed I think. Cheers again mate ! [​IMG]

19. JackJones

JackJones Member

Looks real nice, I would maybe change the rings to silver tho :D just my opinion :p gj!

20. Brennan

Brennan Former Audi Driver Team Estoril

think chrome rings would look nice :)

21. AAR4N

AAR4N Member

Hmm think I might leave it like this for a wile. Them might try thr chrome. I like it black tbh. Thinking of doing the splitter and diffuser next.

22. nil538

nil538 Active Member

The splitter needs to go black and I would put silver ring back on

23. perazzi

perazzi Active Member

You are Soooo right.

...would look the dog's.

P