Opinions !!

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Right after some thought im deciding to maybe go bigger than the frankenturbo the only thing im contemplating is whether to -

A) throw rods in it and slap a gt28 on with supporting mods etc

B) get a used block and throw a stroker kit in with a gt28 and supporting mods

Or

C) as B but with a gt30/35 ext w/gate and go standalone or keep the original ecu/harness if possible

The one thing on my mind is i really just want to build my own motor and a stroker kit would be a good way to do this

Just after some opinions/input on the matter.

depends how much power you want really?

Also they're wildly varying in costs.

Clearly for maximum power and money no object then C is the one to go for, although i wouldnt bother with standalone management, its perfectly possible to tune the stock ECU to and beyond 450hp without too much trouble.

If your happy settling for ~330hp, and want to keep costs down, then A will achieve that at much less cost.

It also depends if you need your car or can afford for it to be off the road for a period of time. If you want to minimise downtime, then buy another engine, and build that up. Even if its only fitting rods, its still easier to work over another engine, get it how you want it, then swap the whole motor, than having your own car in bits while waiting on machining etc.

Cheers mate yeah im leaning more towards C was just thinking of ecu part of it, which ever way i decide to go i will be doing it to a seprate motor as the car is a daily.

Also i want a 350-400bhp motor so im going to have to do brakes aswel etc

Time to way everything up cost wise and the most suitable approach.