1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

opinions wanted please

mark7 Jul 20, 2011

1. mark7

mark7 Member

Hi guys
    Right, i've got a 55 plate 2.0T 3 door s line, but it has the sport bumpers.
    I was looking into changing the front to the s line bumper with a fk black grill.
    But the more i look at the s line bumper compared to my sport i dont know if there is all that much difference compared to the cost and how difficult it seems to source a decent one.??

I'm def going to change the grill for complete black but retain the chrome rings.
    What do you guys think? Worth a full bumper/grill convertion? Or just go for the black grill?
    End of the day i know its just an opinion, i'm just interested on what other people would do.
    BTW the car is akoya silver, as i know peoples opinions will differ on the black grill regarding which colour the actual car is.
    Mark

2. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

I'd say worth it - the s-line bumper is superior than the sport and a lot smoother looking.

You have the lips at the bottom and there are no raised areas between the fog grills and head lights. It is just a much nicer bumper to be honest and a well worth mod!

Instead of the FK grill though, I would stick with OEM and get Audi's own Optics Pack grill.