1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

opinions please

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by mac1403, May 12, 2007.

1. mac1403

mac1403 Member

[May 12, 2007]
    Have just noticed JVC have bought out a new HU, the arsenal version....mmm..not so happy with the name, but just wondered what your thoughts are on the look. Spec is the same as the one Halfords are selling for £500, but buttons are red.

[​IMG]
  2. Markey

Markey Active Member

[May 12, 2007]
    Looks very nice and with bluetooth ;)

As with any electrical gadget i always wait 6 or so months + as the price always falls by quite a bit and id feel better about spending so much dosh...
  3. mac1403

mac1403 Member

[May 12, 2007]
    Well have been toying with the idea of this as it would match the dash and as you say it bluetooth. My only concern would be compatibility with the bose speakers and amp i have at the moment. Would the amp even work?
  4. filipharvey

filipharvey Amusing Tagline

[May 12, 2007]
    Just over £200 on eBay!
  5. mac1403

mac1403 Member

[May 12, 2007]
    Yep, thats the exact site I was looking at getting it from, just waiting for a reply to an email as I guess it would come with US radio stations preset. Need to know if it can all be changed.
    When you see the prices in the states makes you wonder what the hell is going on in this country!!!! Thats the newer model than the one in rip off Halfords and half the price , even with shipping!
  6. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 12, 2007]
    I have a US AVX1 in my car and there is a setting to set the radio to EU Increments for the radio,no RDS Tho. Also it means the DVDs need to be either region free or region 1,i tend to rip my dvds and recode them region free to play in the car
  7. stapo69

stapo69 All hail the mighty quattro!

[May 12, 2007]
    Don't ever buy ice from halfords, I worked there for a year and they're so over priced it'd unreal. Look in the back of magazines like max power, so so much cheaper, most places have websites, try somewhere like caraudiobargains.co.uk, they'll sort you out for a lot less money, may have to call some places though if its a new unit. Shop around, but don't go to halfords!!!