Opinions Please !!

At the back above the number plate where the key lock is it sticks out on my car, I have seen some that sit flush with the car.

Does anyone know where I can get that from ? Or does anyone have the part numbers of the bits i will need ? I assume all the number plate lights would need changing too ?

lock.jpg

I want to do something similar to this

IMG_1137.jpg

You need a facelift tailgate with solenoid opening to get the flush look.

The lock on my s3 sits out slightly. If you want it not to stick out as much then I guess you could put some washers/spacers on the bolts inside which holds the lock barrel to the boot and that will mean it sits back slightly. As for the paint job, it looks awesome, mostly because I have spent the past two months doing the same to my s3!!

Ok i dont mean just the lock i mean the whole bit that sits in the number plate section .. you will need to post a picture of yours !! is it done ?

You need a facelift tailgate with solenoid opening to get the flush look.

Thanks I have a solenoid to open the boot once done .. but wasn't sure if i could just change that bit without doing the entire tailgate ?

id get facelift lights for the rear aswell, not black, its a bit too much. will lok alot cleaner and up to date with facelift. i love ur wheels btw

Thanks ! just need some spacers really there a bit close to the suspension atm

Thanks I have a solenoid to open the boot once done .. but wasn't sure if i could just change that bit without doing the entire tailgate ?

The facelift tailgate has the flushed in plinth so would make the job a lot easier than to modify your existing one, plus it will have a genuine solenoid aswell, so you would just need to run wires to it.

Thanks sounds good to me! Thanks for the help I will keep an eye out for a facelift tailgate!

dude that looks awesome!!! love the wheels and black roof, really wana get the roof on my silver a3 done thinks it looks the mutts nuts!! deffo think you should go with facelift rears and not black ones tho bud but thats just my opinion :)

dude that looks awesome!!! love the wheels and black roof, really wana get the roof on my silver a3 done thinks it looks the mutts nuts!! deffo think you should go with facelift rears and not black ones tho bud but thats just my opinion :)

Yea go for it ! just make sure you get the top of the tailgate done black aswell otherwise i dont thing it looked right .. and the windows tinted

i love this :) i want to get my car painted INBIS White, but funds are crap :(

how much did your respray cost? if dnt mind me asking :p

I had loads of different quotes ranging from £800 for just a respray to over 2.5k with all the extra bits i wanted done ..

In the end I got a family friend to do the work at his body shop and paid about £1100 but I trust his work and knew if i wasn't happy with it he would sort it straight away. I know he would of been quoting nearer the 2k normally

lot of money, local body shop quoted 700 ish :/

and im here still ooking for cheape ones lol :( need a job ha ha

Got the car back again last week after having a few adjustments on the bumpers and wings.. also took the spoiler off as it was a cheap one and didnt look great

Took a few pics before the snow hit

Picture001.jpg

Picture009.jpg