opinions on wheels please.....

billy01

Reaction score
hi all

ive had some plans for my a3 for some time now, its not everyones cuppa t but i want to get down in the weeds and put some 16s on it, i picked up some merc wheels for a good price but now im having second thoughts, ive just stuck a 1.8t motor in it, it was 1.8 n/a (yes yes i know, "why not just go buy a turbo one in the first place?") well the reality of it is my car and the new motor cost me half the price of buying a standard 1.8t, plus i get the experience, anyway im not to sure my choice of wheel size is safe now as im going to want to be able to "drive" the car and not have to worry about hitting every pebble in the road...so do i stick with the 16 or do i go bigger? i had 18s on before but i wasnt keen, and its so hard to find a wheel that looks right on these a3s, or im just to fussy!

any opinions or even pics of a3s on 16s would be good

thanks in advance

16s, i would go for a wheel and tyre package from rimstyle, teamdynamics 1.2. lightweight wheels would look very good.

i'll swap my 16'd for your mercs... :)

CBnQ9RmkKGrHqQOKo8E0U64M8QhBNIbRBT9w_12-1.jpg

16's imo would look wicked on the a3 with a wee bit of poke (maybe th modern lines or polished 16" tt comps?), but iirc the sump is very very low to the ground in these cars anyway so you might wanna watch out for that.

tom

Last edited:
lol thanks for the replys, ive already got the rims i want, i love them but it was just the size issue really, i spose i could just whip the motor out and stick some mount spacers in if im that worried i guess, on the other hand, superkarl, have you got any pics?