Opinions needed on a quote i got for............

darkspin

Reaction score
a front bumper to be repaired from the minor scuff done to it on the passenger side and for the bonnet and whole of front bumper to be re-sprayed. Also, on the drivers side, one of the pins which connects to the fog light has fallen off meaning the fog light doesnt work(nothing major) but i was told it takes some effort to remove the headlight.

So for this work i was quoted £352.50 inc VAT. This is from an independant garage called Weybridge Vehicles up in Chertsey that sell Audi's. I've been to them before to sort out some other minor things and so far all has been good but this is my first major job im considering them to do.

The price was broken down into the following:

1. re-spray of bonnet £150+VAT
2. re-spray and repair of front bumper £150+VAT
3. repair/replace loom for for fog light will be FOC.

I think the price for point 1 is excessive but not sure about the price overall. I was told it will take 2 days and they will also give me a courtesy car. It can be booked in for next Saturday too so not a long wait.

To put this into context, I got a quote from Audi and I was quoted £520 inc VAT just to repair the front bumper and for it to be re-sprayed. Funnily enough it worked out cheaper to just buy a new front bumper and get it fitted by them approx £450 from memory.

So what do you guys think of the quote given?

Doesn`t sound too bad to me! at least they are willing to throw in fog light repair FOC. you say just a bonnet respray, but they`ve still got to `prep` it, it all takes time, is that paint + materials included ?

yup includes paint and materials and the blending of the wings etc from what I have been told so only one way to find out is to get it done by them.

So its all booked in for next weekend. I will get some pics sorted for before and after so you can see the results.

Ok i managed to get myself round to getting the pictures up of the results as well as what the bodywork was like before it was re-sprayed and i must say i am totally satisfied with the work and thoroughly recommend Weybridge Vehicles for spraying and repairing bodywork if anyone is local to them and considering work to be done to their Audi.

As you can see the bonnet was totally [censored] but it looks like im looking into a mirror when i took the photos of the bonnet after it was re-sprayed.

As for the bumper, you cant tell it has been repaired at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

They will even do work for you 'off the record' for cash in hand so it works out cheaper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I got the foglight sorted too but thats a seperate topic altogether so see the other thread.

FRONT BUMPER
BEFORE

DSC00963.JPG

DSC00971.JPG

DSC00973.JPG

DSC00977.JPG

AFTER

DSC01009.JPG

DSC01010.JPG

DSC01017.JPG

DSC01015.JPG

BONNET
BEFORE

DSC00983.JPG

DSC00984.JPG

AFTER

DSC01012.JPG

DSC01013.JPG

you over-paid. i had the same problem as you. SCUFFS on corners. its happened to me twice now. £80 per panel i was quoted. i paid £180 for bonnet, front bumper, rear bumper and driverside wing mirror. NO S**T!!! i have the reciept and every thing!!!

[ QUOTE ]
darkspin said:
They will even do work for you 'off the record' for cash in hand so it works out cheaper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I got the foglight sorted too but thats a seperate topic altogether so see the other thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best not to mention that as they'll prob have the VAT man round now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
audi_s3_225bhp said:
you over-paid. i had the same problem as you. SCUFFS on corners. its happened to me twice now. £80 per panel i was quoted. i paid £180 for bonnet, front bumper, rear bumper and driverside wing mirror. NO S**T!!! i have the reciept and every thing!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's ****** cheap!

[ QUOTE ]
god_thats_quick said:
audi_s3_225, is that from the same place, looking to get my front and rear bumpers sorted and resprayed in the new year...

[/ QUOTE ]

my quote was from a place in WORCESTER (WEST MIDLANDS), which is 20mins south of BIRMINGHAM on the M5 motorway. M5 - junction 6 i believe.