Opinion, panoramic sun roof. GO or NO GO?

JJ.Foulds

Reaction score
Just looking around and seen a sportback with duel sun roofs, i thought it might be a good idea untill a friend so thats the worst invention ever and soo uncool.

Whats your thoughts?/ do i buy a car with them?

Panoramic is a very desirable option on the 8P, one guy even cut his roof to fit it himself ..I wish I had the b***s to do the same. :drool:

Is you're friend investing in the car? If not, don't spec it for them, spec it for yourself.

well i kinda liked it, something a bit different, but is the roof always black with the window installed?

JJ.

yes I have it in my S3 sportback it looks like you have a black roof from the outside , as you said is something different and its worth having + summer coming up will be a nice breeze with it open

If i were you I'd go with Panoramic roof like Artimus said it is a very desirable :)

transforms the interior of my wife's black leather S-Line Sportback, rarely open it but the extra light would leave me never to have an Audi without one in the future

I really like them, but I like sunroofs in general, wish I had one. Nice feeling in the summer and the extra light really makes a difference to the cabin, that's why I wouldn't tint my front windows. Gets a bit dreary after a while..

Whoever said they're not cool, is not cool!

I was debating whether i was going to go for it in the end as it was £1070 at the dealers and we hardly get any good weather in this country.I think it looks awesome and is a great contrast on certain coloured cars ,some people even wrap their roofs to get the black roof look. so if it's not that much extra than i'd deffo go for it.Would probably help when you plan to sell the car in the future too as its a rare optional extra due to the price.

Ive got one, on my sportback its one of the things that attracted me to the car!Dont seem to see to many about though and is great to have when we have the weather!

Looks great. I'd love to have that extra light in my cabin.

As a driver it doesn't make a difference, but when i have my family or friends in the car they are always checking the skies from it and they love it, what annoys me is the column in the middle!, i know its there for a reason, but if there is a way to get rid of it to have a continuous panorama it would be great! and its a great option to brag about :rockwoot:

The extra light it lets into the cabin is very welcome. Passengers get a great view of the sky too, both night and day. Only downsides are the cost when speccing new and the additional weight of the roof, but thats the same with any glass roof.

i will try and sort my purchase out tomorrow! hope the finance goes thru tho...

:D

JJ.

I would love the panoramic sunroof.

its really cool for when you go sight seeing, big cities (London) etc or when the suns out. worse case close the blind flaps and back to normal