Opinion on revo engine/transmission mount

BennybS3

Reaction score
As titles States really...just gauging opinions on if worth doing this upgrade or not as I'll be doing some engine work in the near future

What's the pros/cons in them??

Cheers people

I installed the full engine mount kit a few months ago, and what a difference it made!

Most noticeable is probably the noise, or sound enhancement depending on how you look at things.. Cabin noise and engine sound increased a lot and became much deeper, more like a proper engine roar instead of the dull sound it made before. Vibrations also increased a bit, pretty bad at first but settled after the mounts had bedded in properly. You definitely loose some of the comfort and refinement though... most annoying thing imo is the increased rattling all over the cabin, although I have managed to cure some of it by tightening screws and replacing broken clips etc.

onto the pros.. shifting feels much smoother and more precise, especially at higher revs. Pretty much all engine movement is gone which makes the car feel more solid and more "connected". Throttle response also improved a bit since the engine doesn't rotate anymore during acceleration and shifts.

Cant really say if it's worth or not, depends a lot on how you want the car to be and if you're prepared to sacrifice the comfort for a more raw and sporty feel... Personally I love it, always felt the S3 was a bit too refined for being a S car so for me it was definitely worth it :)

I just fitted the bottom mount to the gearbox, as the engine hangs from the top two and this will kill the pendulum effect. At first the judder was awful, but when I undid and torqued it correctly it lost most of the judder in the cabin. It took about 70-100 miles to fully bed in and now you wouldn't now it was there. I have noticed an annoying rattle from the rear boot trim which I've tried to pad out but it can be fixed and still needs some work done. but overall a worthwhile mod.

Not sure the full kit would add much as I don't get the gear change improvement being a DSG.