Operation stripped out S3 Track car!

Looks like a project and half!! Out of interest, what weight can you get an S3 down to?

A FWD 8L shell with rear IRS would be ****ing epic, undeniably a better "track" car than a stripped S3 with standard running gear and Haldex.

After all, it's exactly what Audi themselves did to the racing 8P's.

It's what i'm currently running allbeit in an A4,LOL

Put it this way, I can lift the front end of the shell up off the pallet like a wheel barrow! The heaviest items I noticed were the doors, rear diff, propshaft & gearbox/transfer box. So 2WD would save a huge amount of weight. The rear trailing arms are quite heavy too. The surprisingly heavy items were the Recaros (big frame plus all those motors), the carpet (mint condition sold for just £20 for those who think I'm overpriced!), the pre-tensioning seatbelts and the looms. Even the front radiators are heavy for what they are.

I think a 2WD converted S3 with 1.8T big turbo, fully caged, otherwise stripped, no aircon, with fibreglass doors, bonnet & tailgate, plastic windows, drilled out metalwork blanks, race fuel tank & seat could be done to ~1100Kg with luck. I estimate using the parts I have plus bought new parts (all safety parts, 2WD gearbox, stack dash, new ECU/wiring & respray would cost £10k. Not a cheap track car!

Last edited:
no no no no no

ditch the front shafts, make the haldex solid, weld the front diff and rwd it...

you do like sideways after all

:p
Sounds like the S4 I was in at AITP :cool:

Reactions: jojo
I'll take the wings Joe if they available?

The rear wings off another similar S3 will be coming available. I'm planning to accept a part-exchange on my body shell with some wings. Contact me if interested before they get advertised!

I should have them by Friday evening.

Alistair