1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oops Passenger Air Bag Light

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by DaveA3-TDI, Feb 20, 2012.

1. DaveA3-TDI

DaveA3-TDI Member

Over the weekend I removed my glove box to get at the back of the headunit but didn't think first to switch of the passenger air bag with the key unit in the glovebox, I then drove the car with the glove box removed and I have the red air bag light on the dash and the flashing orange one on the centre console.
    When I put the glove box back in and reconnect the wires, will the air bag lights disappear on their own or will something need to be reset with VCDS?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Stampie

Stampie Member

You'll need it reset mate sorry, I did exactly the same when I fitted a Parrot kit. It stores the fault code as soon as you switch the ignition on.
    Bloody cars are too clever for their own good!
    :sorry:
  3. DaveA3-TDI

DaveA3-TDI Member

Oh that's annoying, how is it reset? Is it just a case of clearing the fault codes with vcds?
  4. W8 Performance

W8 Performance Member

Yes. That will do it.
  5. Helifella

Helifella Flying low level

Yup, we removed my Gbox to fit the upgrade footwell lights and 2 min down the road airbag light pinged on. So a quick flash of VCDS to clear the fault code and all was good.