Online manuals/handbooks

julians

Reaction score
Ok, just bought a new S3 (in silver), pick it up on Friday.

In the meantime does anyone know of any online manuals/handbooks I can have a look through to get up to speed until then.

PArticularly around how the GSM phone prep works and the DIS , and what the running in procedure should be etc.

Cheers

Silver eh? smart move!

Can't say I've seen any online manuals. The phone prep is great, very easy to use, if your car has the multi function wheel. Without it you're kind of stuck. Someone posted a quick guide to the phone prep (I think it was Vertigo) not that long ago. Have a quick search around.

Cheers, yes it has the flat bottomed MFSW.

I will have a search for the phone guide.

Whats the score with running in? What deos the manual say you should do to run in? Is there any sort of service at , say 1000 miles where they change oil etc or is it straight into the normal servicing regime?

There's two schools of thought on the running in process, follow the manual (I think it says don't exceed 2/3 of max revs in any gear for 1000 miles) or give it a bit now and again to bed the pistons in. It's also been covered quite recently. There's no 1000 mile service, just right into long life (AVS) servicing, the car wil tell you when it needs a service. Just pull the right hand stalk on the speedo to see how far away in days or miles your next service is.