One touch windows....

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Hello fellas. Just changed the battery. Have lost the one touch window down feature on all the windows. I know theres a method for returning them to one touch(something to do with pressing the window button in a paticular order/steps) but I do not know it. I do not have vagcom. Everything else ref the car is fine.
Anyone know?

Cheers.

roll the window all the way down, and once it reaches the bottom keep it held down for an extra couple seconds, then do the same in the up direction.

didnt know about the down bit ive always done it at the top ie rool it up till its closed let go of the button then hold it for a couple of secs would this make a difference?

dunno, maybe its just the up direction that actaully matters?

Does yours do one touch in both directions?

yes it does but backs dont but ive seen a mod for this , ive just been in the car to check for dampness or smells as its been sat there since july and it still smells fresh , just need to get the thing fixed and back on the road now !

Thanks aragorn. Will give it a whirl in a bit. My rears did the one touch down too. Will try it and report. Ref the throttle body reset geeman described, it seems to have worked! Early days yet. The idle is more stable and has stopped dipping down.....

thought it returned by its self?? i have done nothing like this and on both my Audis the 1 touch always returned after a day or so!

oh yeah i remember it does 1 touch down at back, many a time i would lean on the switch lol

alpine: it probably just reset itself the first time you rolled it up and held the button slightly too long ;)

Maybe its just the up thats important. I've always just done it both ways.