1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one touch windows problem

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Ash187, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor

[Apr 16, 2010]
    Hey guys,

I have a 2005 A3 Sportback
    I have noticed that my windows are playing up... but its intermittent. the drivers door was not doing the 'one touch down'. i have searched the forum and found that i can reset the windows by opening the windows by holding down the switch and then closing them again by holding it down all the way. I have done the reset procedure and the drivers window now sometimes works on the one touch and sometimes doesnt.
    Now i have noticed that the rear passenger side window is doing the same but only when i am doing it from the drivers switch. If i open the window from the rear passenger door the one touch works...

now im thinking is it a problem with the actual switch in the drivers door or is there something else i can do to make it work properly?

thanks in advance guys
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]

3. Spin140

Spin140 Active Member

[Apr 16, 2010]
    I'm no expert but you seem to have identified the issue yourself as a faulty switch on the drivers section.
  4. tdisportuk

tdisportuk Member

[Apr 16, 2010]
    could be a faulty switch, but like you said to programme it just hold them for a few seconds whilst going up and down then one touch is meant to work.
  5. JamesS4cab

JamesS4cab Well-Known Member

[Apr 17, 2010]
    I had this problem with the window shutting on one touch, but getting to the top and then opening again by a few inches. I spoke to my local Indy and they said that the sensors are very sensitive, and if your trying to shut the window on one touch and go over a bump at the time, it can activate the anti-close sensor which thinks that something is shut in between the window and the frame. It could be that this sensor is on its way out??
  6. defer

defer Member

[Apr 17, 2010]
    My 08 S3 was doing this, i mentioned it to Audi and they did a software upgrade on it, never done it since.:icon_thumright: