One of your members got owned...

I know a guy who imports and sells the new shape ones for a living, he gave me the keys to a brand spanking new one in a pearly/metallic blue colour and said 'take it for a spin'.... call me a chicken or woteva, the roads was ****** damp, the car is RWD with 300ish bhp?, the car is LHD and the new owner was due to pick it up the day after... I was tempted, but alas, I did not want to crash the beast lol... maybe next time huh?! :racer:

jojo said:
I know a guy who imports and sells the new shape ones for a living, he gave me the keys to a brand spanking new one in a pearly/metallic blue colour and said 'take it for a spin'.... call me a chicken or woteva, the roads was ****** damp, the car is RWD with 300ish bhp?, the car is LHD and the new owner was due to pick it up the day after... I was tempted, but alas, I did not want to crash the beast lol... maybe next time huh?! :racer:

300bhp is correct...but dont let that fool you. Ford did a great job of making it an even slower **** by using a "drive by wire" throttle. In conjunction with its ABS and traction control...it will close the throttle blade at the slightest whif of trouble even though you got the pedal on the floor.
It also will do this when you clutch it...thus making power shifting impossible.

The new Mustang Gt couldnt pull a chicken **** off a block of ice untill you actualy get an aftermarket tuner and reprogram the ECU of its quirks.

While I do like the look of the old school muscle cars I can never agree with a car that just goes fast and can't turn corners. It's half the fun gone when it's just going as fast as you can down a straight. :shrug:

Peloton said:
While I do like the look of the old school muscle cars I can never agree with a car that just goes fast and can't turn corners. It's half the fun gone when it's just going as fast as you can down a straight. :shrug:

I used to say the exact same thing. I figured drag racing would get very boring after the first couple of passes...

Then...some how I got sucked into building and racing a drag car. There is nothing like it.

Justin whats up with your site do you not let people outside the States register have tried but will not let me put in email address?

Mate's got a '96 Mustang Cobra Mystic with the 4.6, 32v lump. Had it slightly sideways once or twice, absolutely papped my pants! He's had it nearly 12 months and it still scares the **** out of him. Acceleration is immense (compared to my realtively puny NA 1.8 anway!) and the noise is unbelievable. Strangely enough, it does go round corners too.

The Guilty party does anybody know him

48z5t2h.jpg

I'm not even going to click the link, as to be absolutely honest I've got too much to get through tonight before I can sit through a 20 page flame-war or something like that; but...

1) Welcome Justincredible - Taking time out to chase an e-genius across the internet is a strange way to arrive here, but welcome all the same; and variety being the spice of life it's cool to have an enthusiast of some different metal here :)

2) Without reading the mammoth thread, I'll have to take your word that this chap is a weapon; but I guess your point is valid based on an overview of two facts: a) He's been involved in an argument on a Mustang forum and b) His first post here starts "I've got a 1996 A4 1.9TDi" - surely these two things don't go together and make him the winner...

3) Just how does an argument between an Audi Enthusiast and a Mustang Enthusiast go?...

"Mine understeers more!"

"No! Mine does!"

?!?

;)

Regards,

Rob.

PS> Before I get jumped-on, i) I'm being a realist, and ii) I'm excluding the B7 RS4 and anything else that follows it which may in fact go around corners.

PPS> And just to nail my colours firmly to the mast; I do prefer corners :) [But not exclusively though; if I did I'd be driving a Toshiba ER-JX5, oh wait that's a Microwave Oven, well you get the idea, some Tokyo Tinsel or other anyway!]

it really isnt about corners. when it comes to mustangs, its more about the power feeling u get when u turn the key. its kind of like a cowboy thing. drivin ur cool car down the street is special to you, dont matta what anyone else says. besides if u wanna hit turns u can do it, jus gotta buy a few things and put some hours in

oh and its good to be here hi guyz :D (and i rly like audis, they my fav cars in germany afta mercedes)

Welcome guys. Thanks for giving us all a good laugh., and for doing so with good grace. I wonder if the oh-so-fragrant Pete will spend any more time on his home forum, after reading this and realising what an absolute knobhead he has been.

There's no such thing as a bad car, just the wrong car for the job and the conditions. Car development in Europe and the US have travelled along different paths this last 100 years for that simple reason.

jdp1962 said:
Welcome guys. Thanks for giving us all a good laugh., and for doing so with good grace. I wonder if the oh-so-fragrant Pete will spend any more time on his home forum, after reading this and realising what an absolute knobhead he has been.

There's no such thing as a bad car, just the wrong car for the job and the conditions. Car development in Europe and the US have travelled along different paths this last 100 years for that simple reason.

Well said that man...

my'stangopens said:
it really isnt about corners. when it comes to mustangs, its more about the power feeling u get when u turn the key

Know exactly what you mean there fella, get a buzz every time my mate says "take the 'stang", which by the way, isn't nearly often enough!

Oh and welcome to all of you stateside!:beerchug:

Did anyone actually look over there, this pete bloke is a bit of a **** - to say the least (and he's only made 4 posts on here I think)

I just thought I'd join in so posted over on their site for a laugh :whistle2:

I tried but i had problems writing my e-mail address in section they used for it

And agree total numpty of guy

yea it wont let me upload it on here haha

and there is such a thing as a bad car... hyundai tiburon - hate that little thing:gun2:

I'm not saying a word.... Oh, alright then, I will....

Here's a thing. Mustangs and most American Muscle do go round corners, it's just that when they do, you'll find the windscreen rolls down and is slightly smaller than the one used when driving in a straight line :eyebrows:

Not that it's a bad thing - there is nothing better than a power oversteer held for as long as possible...

And to the Mustang guys - Yes, I do drive a G35 at the moment, but hey - it has 280hp and RWD :) I haven't had (and probably wont have) a 'Stang or anything like it, but have had a couple Dodge/Chevy Trucks, and if I am honest the handling wasn't that bad... maybe I just drive like a grandpa - hey this is Texas after all!!!!!

This guy looks familiar.....

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g134/james0808/*******.jpg

Where is he from????

Justincredible said:
The Mustang will never ever be able to compete with the German and Japanese performance and luxury cars....
The level of enginerring is just light years beyond the Mustang in all aspects.
Anyone who says other wise is wrong...
The Shelby GT500 was a horrible attempt by Ford to close this gap.
You find that 95% of most Mustang owners agree that Ford took a step backwards with the GT500 as compared to the 03-04 Cobras with their IRS and lighter chassis.
The GT500 is pretty much a fat pig with gobs of HP and torque.

But its kind of like comparing apples and oranges. (Mustangs to Imports)

Nobody over here buys a Mustang to go road racing or for luxury. Its more of an image and shear HP and Torque thing.
Its hard to explain...Its just a "muscle car thing"

The Mustang always was and will most likely always be a unsophisitcated, straight line racer. But thats ok with me.:)

Fair enough. sorry if that comment was a little negative, couldnt help myself lol

james0808 said:
This guy looks familiar.....

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g134/james0808/*******.jpg

Where is he from????

ha ha ha pmsl

Welcome boys from across the pond, will have to read the thread in a moment,

i do love mustangs tho, dont know nothing about them but i do like the sound, va va voom

my'stangopens said:
..........its kind of like a cowboy thing.

Not the easiest thing to relate to..............if you come from Basildon.

Ok What is all this "you are owned" lark "get in my pocket" from what I have read you wouldn't want that knob anywhere near your pocket:scared2:

....seems a lot of a fuss over an 18 year old virgin who cant spell (no paedo)

my'stangopens said:
1 good thing about america, we got better trucks

Er, better trucks? We/You have trucks, period. The puny Jap offerings in the UK should not be considered to be trucks..... lol

Did anyone care to tell you that really outside of yank plank land, wre all poking sticks at you americans because you think Mustangs are good?

PS. It wasnt me that started that thread, im just mashing it up as i LIKE debates with american people. they humour me so I humour them back to the "worst" of my ability and I still win. :p

NSD you are still alive ....still driving that shed i see ..........:)

Good to see you ..........if you hang about you can get nominated for Post whore !!