One of the reasons I dislike diesels.

QuattroCalum

Reaction score
They have a good mpg figure so why do people who use them at work feel the need to fill them up to the point this happens. I've never seen a petrol with fuel leaking out! Motorcyclists beware.
65a36d1fe308e8ae3720fde2e36c0c74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Phutters
I'll never refrain .

You're clearly are a derv hater , sure I'd drive a petrol if the fuel price was offset to compensate but for now the 2003 derv daily can see 60+ mpg and my smoke opacity test is well below that allowed of a dpf equipped car .

I'll never refrain .

You're clearly are a derv hater , sure I'd drive a petrol if the fuel price was offset to compensate but for now the 2003 derv daily can see 60+ mpg and my smoke opacity test is well below that allowed of a dpf equipped car .

So you condone filling up to the point where it spills into the road at the merest hint of turning the steering wheel?
Dislike and hate are two different words as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Phutters
It's the reason why quattro was invented .
If you'd ever come within an ace of falling off a motorbike - or actually done it - through no fault of your own and thanks to some thoughtless muppet spilling diesel, I reckon your reply would have been completely different.

Especially if coming off the bike throws you into the path of something else...

Consideration for others, init.

Reactions: QuattroCalum
Diesel on the road is lethal , I don't know anyone that hasn't come off a motorbike , none down to diesel though .

Heard of some cars , usually is off a round about were it spills out .

It's horrible slimy stuff. They had to resurface a small section of the M5 recently after two lorries collided and caused a sizable diesel spillage from either one or both their fuel tanks.

I don't drive a petrol because knowing QuattroCalum does puts me off.

Reactions: jd26 and Gazwould
With diesel costing around the same, or more expensive than gasoline, I see no reason to run a diesel-powered car.

Don't get me wrong - I have owned TDI Audi's, as well as a Toyota Hilus 2.5 D4-D. The savings over gasoline were not massive, and diesel was cheaper back then. At current prices, I would have to do well over 15,000 miles per year to appreciate any savings. That would mean owning just the one car. If you run a diesel and gasoline-engined car at the same time, you may not use the diesel car enough to make any savings worth while.

That's my take on things, others may have different experiences.

Yes I think your about right there, having changed from my b5 petrol to b6 TDI quattro I wouldn't say there's big saving to be had, suppose it comes down to what mileage you do, before my switch to four wheels me and my missus came off my motorbike on diesel spilt on an island probably dropped by a bus, both ended up in a&e, not funny, oh those were the days!!

Diesel on the road is lethal , I don't know anyone that hasn't come off a motorbike , none down to diesel though .

Heard of some cars , usually is off a round about were it spills out .

I came off my Triumph Bonneville on a A19 roundabout caused by a small diesel spill back in 1975, luckily landed on my pillion wife (then girlfriend) so unhurt :grinning:
Really is leathel stuff on tarmac even in the smallest amounts.