1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One month of owning my S3

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Lems3, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Lems3

Lems3 New Member

[Aug 26, 2011]
    I picked it up my S3 Sportback from the dealer new at the end of last month and i have to say i am more than happy with the car so far, I just could not stop driving it, it now has 2500 miles on the clock. And for the car and the power output i am so impressed with the economy also. On a 350 mile trip it averaged 33mpg, mainly motorway but some fast A-roads also, the car was fully loaded with me, the Mrs, camping gear and a weeks worth of kit. The S-tronic gearbox is so smooth and i wonder if i will ever go back to a manual after owning it. Spending time on motorways and in traffic it comes into a league of its own, and then you hit the backroads and you can play with the paddles, which are more than responsive to. Around town i'm averaging around 26mpg, which isn't ridiculous either. Overall it has exceeded my expectations and can't wait to do many more miles in it.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 21, 2014]

3. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

[Aug 26, 2011]
    Sounds great, so when you popping in for a remap then? :wub:
  4. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

[Aug 26, 2011]
    I have had mine a month now and like all the best things...it grows on you :)
    Shame its spent every Friday since i got it back at the dealers but ha ho...its an Audi ............smoking about in a 1.4 polo today....dont you just love courtesy cars ( with £1000 excess on them ) !!! :)
  5. Lems3

Lems3 New Member

[Aug 26, 2011]
    I don't think it will be long N8. Think it will be an xmas present for us :yum:
  6. quattro81

quattro81 All the gear.. No idea

[Aug 26, 2011]
    Have you got that poxy autopilot thing sorted yet paddy? It's really getting on my nerves!
  7. Lems3

Lems3 New Member

[Aug 26, 2011]
    That would drive me crazy spending all that time in the dealers. You been having major issues paddy? Its my second Audi, had an A5 before it never missed a beat, touch wood this one will be the same. How is your Revo remap? Did you get it done through your dealer so as not to void any warranties?
  8. paddy

[Aug 26, 2011]
    OK..............
    Audi pilot disabled by audi , no charge
    DVD drive unlocked by Audi no charge
    New blue tooth mic fitted, no difference so car back in today for a further look.
    Lights are a bit strange, on auto sometimes the headlights come on but not the interior lights, switches etc.

Remap voids the warranty on parts effected by the remap ie: turbo ,full stop who ever fits it..even if Audi fit it.
    That said it really is a must on a standard S3, if i had to go back now to a factory map i would sell the car. I am not a balls out driver, like you i am getting 32mpg even on the commute ( normal a roads) but the power is there if you need it which is 90% of the reason you remap really, its just knowing the thing is running efficiently and on decent petrol and not half strangled. stg one is not really stressing it to much, its just tuning it to run at its best on 99ron and in a UK climate instead of a compromise of being set up to run on **** euro fuel and in temps from -25c in Norway to +45c in Saudi.

Thats my view. Stg 2 or more however is something i would leave until its out of warranty as that would be much more difficult to argue !!!
  9. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Aug 26, 2011]
    Glad to hear you're enjoying your car.

I nearly went the other way (S3 > A5 3.0TDi Q S-Line). As much as I loved it and it felt far more 'premium', I just wasn't at that point in life where it would satisfy all my driving needs. Lovely car, just a touch tame.

Get it mapped up and enjoy it as it should be!
  10. N8

[Aug 26, 2011]
    Come see me at Xmas then lad! :wub:
  11. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

[Aug 28, 2011]
    Paddy, my Auto lights do the same as do our MY10 car... If it's raining and the wipers are on then the outside lights will come but not the interior lights (in daylight). It's like they are sensed separately...
  12. paddy

[Aug 28, 2011]
    Cheers scott, you are right they have a separate sensor which is a small window at about 180mph on the speedo but i am not convinced its that. Leaving and coming home lights do the same, outside but not inside so i guess it just how they work. Its not a problem if its supposed to do that, just getting things straight from the start.
    Back in again this Friday...the ordered the wrong part last week !! ( blue tooth mic) just as well i dont work Fridays...its been back every Friday since i got it :)
  13. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

[Aug 28, 2011]
    Not a good start to owning a £30k car is it... Hope they sort it!
  14. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

[Aug 28, 2011]
    Juz likes this.
  15. rhubarb4

rhubarb4 Certified Jardo Slayer

[Aug 28, 2011]
  16. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[Aug 28, 2011]
    s3dave: I guess the fishing talk in the Pub is getting competetive again?

I know you're only having a laugh; this is just a post to say lets make sure it doesn't go too far.

They're all Golfs anyway ;p

//R
  17. Lems3

Lems3 New Member

[Aug 30, 2011]
    I hope they get it all sorted for you paddy. It sounds as though you really aren't having much luck. I've always had really good aftersales with Audi. I don't get a great deal of time off so i'm glad i've not been plagued with the same niggling issues.

Will give you a shout N8, need to get the mrs on side first, haha
  18. N8

[Aug 30, 2011]
    Don't worry about her bro! :laugh:
  19. paddy

[Aug 30, 2011]
    Its nothing really Lems. i expect a few probs with a new car and it is only a blue tooth mic. :) Lets face it !! i used to own a 3.2 !! I have done thousands of miles in courtesy cars :lmfao: