1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One for the S3 boys and girls

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by halegavin, Apr 8, 2003.

1. halegavin

halegavin Member

If you change gear at 4k revs. What approx speeds in mph do yo get from each gear.

Cheers fellas.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MickHumphrey

MickHumphrey Member

Hi
    Had a go this morning on the way to work.
    1st = 22mph
    2nd = 35mph
    3rd = 50mph
    4th = 66mph
    5th = 82mph
    6th = 98mph

This was obviously conducted on my own private test track on not on the public roads... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. halegavin

halegavin Member

Cheers bud. I think its more important to know than top speed in every gear. After all, who uses the full 6000 revs in every gear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

5. ColinM

ColinM Member

One thing that impressed me was the Golf GT TDi 150 I owned last year was chugging along at a shade over 2,000 rpm in top at the legal speed limit.

6. MushroomMan

MushroomMan Sucemabite

OK I tried this with my revo'd S3 today, results were pretty close to previous post:

1st: 22mph
    2nd: 38mph
    3rd: 50mph
    4th: 65mph
    5th: 83mph
    6th: 105mph

I tried this on my own personal airfield far far away from pets, children, hedgehogs, other tarmac carnage and freerange humans like ramblers.

7. halegavin

halegavin Member

The speeds per gears (1-5) are the same as the gears in my Metro GTI . I thought the ratios in that were short. You guys must change gear so often whilst accelerating. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

8. mramage

mramage Member

[ QUOTE ]
    halegavin said:
    The speeds per gears (1-5) are the same as the gears in my Metro GTI . I thought the ratios in that were short. You guys must change gear so often whilst accelerating. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but it's fun. A gear for all occasions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif