1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one for the 2.5 TDI owners

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Turkster, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

The Fuel Gauge,

My one seems to drop to under the red mark when the fuel gets into that area and then return back up to the 1st red mark later,
    does the fuel pump send the fuel over to the 2nd tank when it gets low and cause the gauge to give odd readings? or it says its completely empty when its not but is low, then you put a £10 worth of diesel in and then it returns to the 1/4 of a tank reading, its done this since iv owned it 4 years now,
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  2. ADC74

ADC74 Master Baker

Don't know myself as I always refill with derv before it hits the red.
  3. mikeh126

mikeh126 Member

I haven't noticed mine doing that - it seems to behave as I would expect it to.
    Didn't know the B6 had 2 fuel tanks - you live and learn something new every day!!:wtf:
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mine behaves pretty normally I think.

I'm not sure it has two tanks, it's more one tank two halves seperated by the prop shaft.
  5. Mike B

Mike B Member

If it had 2 tanks would it not need two fillers?My guage behaves normally
  6. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

my guage will get down to arround a quarter and stick there for a while then all of a sudden drops and the range left goes to '0' not brilliant but when you get to know its quirk its ok. I fill up when it gets to a quarter now, makes it seem cheaper to fill up:cool:
  7. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

ah that may be a better way of explaining it, i was told that it sends the fuel from one side to the other when it gets low otherwise you would have a pool of diesel that is not used stuck in one of the sides, hence the sudden drop at the gauge when it gets to a certain level,