One click

HuntsA4

Reaction score
Hi, new here, does anyone have experience of AMD's one click device, in particular for use on an A4 190bhp 1.8T

Thanks

I have a Stage 1 remap on my 1.8T 190 from AMD and it is fantastic. The one click is similar to this, but doesn't give the same power gains as it is a generic map as opposed to one specifically for your car.

If you want to chip your car but need to remove it for warranty issues etc, then the one click is what you should go for.

Otherwise I'd go for the Stage 1 remap :)

I believe you can get a custom OneClick mapping. Why not sign up to the group buy we are running with AmD in the group buy forum here and save yourself £231.25 on the Rolling Road OneClick remap!

How does the group buy work?

New to this

Basically, when we get at least 10 people to agree to get their remap done at AmD then they give us discounted prices. Take a look at the 'New AmD remap group buy' thread in the Group Buy forum on this site for the details. If you decide to go ahead just PM me with your details and I'll put your name on the list.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, new here, does anyone have experience of AMD's one click device, in particular for use on an A4 190bhp 1.8T

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I had my car custom Re-Mapped by Star Performance in Fife. Star use the 'DualSystem' which is exacly the same as AMD's 'OneClick' See HERE .

The results are fantastic- 237bhp and 230lbft with the Torque flat from 2500 - 5000 RPM! - A lovely smooth custom Re-Map and I can switch back to standard in 4 mins.

The service and results from Star are second to none.

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

AmD are a superb organisation with probably the most knowledgable group of guys around. Even quite a number of Audi dealers would agree.

i've also heard very good things about Star Performance in Scotland.

Which ever one you choose you'll end up with pretty much the same thing. If it were me the journey to either would be a deciding factor. I'm in Surrey so AmD much nearer than 1000 mile round trip to Star!

Also do you need to revert back to standard? That is another factor in your choice.

I've got AmD stage 3 with d.v, modified intake and full milltek system including sports cat. The car performs superbly.

Whatever you choose it will be worth because as standard the car is just too slow.

I agree I think distance will seal it for me.
I'm not far from Cambridge and I've just heard about a Company called Torque, in Harston near cambridge, who offer a map that they have developed themselves.
Anyone had ny experience of them??

From near Cambridge you are only 65 miles from AmD and a pretty easy journey. They are well worth the trip and will look after you.

Never heard of Torque.

AmD are tried and tested. I've had three cars done there and now lots of very satisfied customers.

but I always say, your money your choice.

Plat's right - whoever you use you'll probably end up pretty much the same.... Some tuners will put a bit more boost in early though and you end up with a 'peaky' map that dies after 4000rpm. So try and ask some questions about how 'smooth' the map is and what peak boost they use.

Use your instinct - That's why I went to Star. I think when I called AMD (and others) the guy was having a bad day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If you do go for the one click , it can be done through the post too. You'll just miss out on the dyno run tho....................

P.S How did the 2.0T feel to your 190ps 1.8t with 30k on the clock?

[ QUOTE ]

Plat's right - whoever you use you'll probably end up pretty much the same

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the second half of your post but not this bit. If I'd had my TT tuned my MTM I would have been gutted as it really really didn't suit me.

I went for a very linear APR chip and found it perfect. I'm not saying one is better than the other, just one suited me and the other did'nt at all.

To choose a chip you really need to get out there and experience some different maps.

2.0T, first impresion was it sounded nicer, exhaust had a definate growl. Also ride wasn't as choppy as my B6. And have to admit acceleration was cleaner, no flat spots.
It was impressive, but not £15000 better than mine!!

[ QUOTE ]
2.0T, first impresion was it sounded nicer, exhaust had a definate growl. Also ride wasn't as choppy as my B6. And have to admit acceleration was cleaner, no flat spots.
It was impressive, but not £15000 better than mine!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool.

I might ponce a test drive of a 2.0t - To see how my mods have improved my baby!

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S read your other posts and agree. Stick with the A4 - £15000 buys a lot of bling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the second half of your post but not this bit. If I'd had my TT tuned my MTM I would have been gutted as it really really didn't suit me.

I went for a very linear APR chip and found it perfect. I'm not saying one is better than the other, just one suited me and the other did'nt at all.

To choose a chip you really need to get out there and experience some different maps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough Scotty but you know what I'm trying to say.

I think on the 190ps DBW 1.8t the Re-Maps tend to be quite smooth anyway.