Once Again another Knocking noise after coilovers post!

silviotomas

Reaction score
So after 2 days of reading post about knocking noises after fitting coilovers i still haven't managed to find an answer, fitted fk coilovers to my s4 and few days later it started knocking at low speeds and when your turning and parking, all balljoints top mounts were fine, we also fitted the washer supplied, surly there is someone out there that has sussed this problem out,
Thanks

Thanks but never had a problem with them in my past cars, people have also had the same knocking noise after fitting expensive coilovers

Could it be the stiffness of the coilovers highlights wear on the suspension elsewhere ?

There not that stiff, theres nothing when u drive normally its just when your going really slow, pulling off or turning to park up

Wouldnt be suprised if the shock was knocking internally.
FK's are renound for this.

Ok once again loads of people have been having this with all types of coilovers

Hi there
I had a similar problem on my b5 years ago and I had the car sitting too low and this was causing the top arms on the suspension leg hitting the underside of the wing causing a knock
Hope this helps

Reactions: silviotomas
What's the benefit of coil over suspension compared with conventional set up? I ask only because it seems a lot of people have problems with coil over system?

But because they go so low the springs are harder .

Lowered uprated springs are the result of a professional vehicle engineer with many years experience in tuning suspension set ups who comes up with the best compromise .

Cheap coilover kits are made by College kids .

Reactions: BakPak
Seriously???
I posted this to get help, not to get **** bout wanting coilovers on my car!

Reactions: Lambster
To be honest, i tried many sets of coilovers in the past on some of my cars and numerous friends/customers cars, unless you spend £800 + then you will get poor quality damping and create more issues than they worth. As gazwould mentioned, a properly matched set of shocks and springs will be far more driveable and respond to the tuned chassis characteristics of the s4. I have a b6 s4 myself and it handles so well on stock suspension that it made the 2 sets of Bilstein Pro kits i have for it stay lying on a shelf in my garage for about 2 years !
As mentioned above, don't expect a long life out of the FK, hence why they are so cheap to buy in the 1st place- basically they are giving it away !

Reactions: BakPak
I see what you mean, but the only reason i went for them was that i had them on my 3.2 A3 for 2 years with problems,