Onboard Computer Settings

pedalpower7

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am about to collect my new car in 2 weeks ;), i would like the one door lock opening option, is this possible from the settings menu or is it a option i need ask the dealer to turn off ?.

Thanks

I think it comes from the factory with this option enabled matey, if not its a 2 minute vagcom job.

Cal

hmmm, don't have Vagcom so will ask the dealer to do it as part of the PDI, i thought the new ones had the option on the onboard menu ??, that's a shame if not, my Golf GTI had all that in the settings menu

A3s now come with the driver door opening on a single press and a second press to open all doors as standard.

They also come with auto door locking at 15mph enabled as standard.

The only thing I asked my dealer was to change the instrument lighting so that it is always on.

One small thing - If your were to fill-in the Location field in your profile, if you do need any done using VAG-COM, you may well get a memeber saying - I live near you, can I help. Only needs to be a fairly general location - not your full address!

Last edited:
Hi All,

I am about to collect my new car in 2 weeks ;), i would like the one door lock opening option, is this possible from the settings menu or is it a option i need ask the dealer to turn off ?.

Thanks

Yes.. you can change through DIS on new audis even though it is factory enabled.

Sal

OK thanks, i will update the info, useful to know, thanks, I will ask the dealer to turn off the single door opening thing, its a nightmare feature, the rest of them can stay on. Was hoping that things like that could have been done without the need for a computer or a dealer like the GTI.

Yes.. you can change through DIS on new audis even though it is factory enabled.

Sal

Just replied before you send this :laugh:

That is what i was hoping for, great many thanks for that:applaus:

OK thanks, i will update the info, useful to know, thanks, I will ask the dealer to turn off the single door opening thing, its a nightmare feature, the rest of them can stay on. Was hoping that things like that could have been done without the need for a computer or a dealer like the GTI.

Yes I agree. I much prefer all doors to open on a single press of the remote but my wife prefers it the other way round on her Polo. At least we have the choice.

I'm sure many of these things will be changeable without the diagnostic kit on the next A3 due out in 2010-11.

Just replied before you send this :laugh:

That is what i was hoping for, great many thanks for that:applaus:

Not sure if that's true for the A3. I know you can on an A4 and A6 etc but I don't think I can on my current April 2009 Sportback. Audi may have changed it for the 2010 model year of course. Perhaps someone with a 2010 MY version could confirm.