On the look out for door trim (please help!)

S3 Johnny

The grass isn't always greener
Reaction score
Hi all.
Not to sure what it is called but it is the trim on the outside of the (drivers) door on the S3. Finding it hard to find one, think its because i don't really know what to ask for:blush:,
Does anyone have one forsale or know where to get one please?
Thanks for your time
Johnny

the grey part ?
side diffuser
colour coded part ?
bumper strip

hmmm both of mine have started peeling off from the back, iv had a look and can see no half decent way of repairing. Any suggestions?

I think after removing the old corroded one and maybe a quick shotblast in the affected area for a more porous surface for it to adhere to,You would need to get a new one and make a jig where you could epoxy resin in a new nut.
just a thought

So thats £55 i need then, was washing the car yesterday and noticed the drivers door trim has started to come away near the rear of the door :(.

Also how do you remove the rear section that slides in? Tried removing it but it seems to stop halfway through pulling it off, didnt want to yank it and break anything.

Try £75, it wasn't £55 when I purchased my drivers side one, and given time, they will go again, the design of them is just rubbish! The bit that clips onto the door is made of nylon or something similar, then it's pressed onto the plastic trim/mould with a rubber seal. The rubber perishes over time and shrinks so the nylon part works loose, and it eventually becomes floppy. I tried using Araldite, but it's only a temporary fix, I guess if you put a new one on, a bit of silicon to reduce water ingress might help it.

Knackered one.
134-3403_IMG.jpg

Brand spanking new one.
134-3404_IMG.jpg

Great, another great audi design flaw.

How do you remove the rear section jojo that connects to the rear quarter?

******** to that, both of mind are peeling, im gona try some of this...

6178.jpg

the nylon bit is secured on the car, and the plastic bit has come away.

Where did you buy that from jojo?

Dealer. Make sure you inspect the item before you leave the premises though... the dealer I went to gave me one with the box open, so I pulled it out if front of him, and it was scratched to firk, so I demanded a brand spanking new one to be ordered. He did insist it was in primer anyways, but I said no, I want mine as new!

Here's a pic fitted straight on with no paint.
134-3405_IMG.jpg

Last edited:
So youve got to remove some inner trim then? Any photos anyone?

no mate but i can tell you the inner trim is either side of the back seats :)

No way have you got to remove that, i wunt mind but the ****** thing slides halfway off then just stops, its like its catching sumet so that tells me the inner trim is fine were it is lol.

Does anyone know the part number for the trim? so i can ring Audi tomorrow about it.
Thanks

im going to have to do this too mine is peeling off alot now.

Dealer. Make sure you inspect the item before you leave the premises though... the dealer I went to gave me one with the box open, so I pulled it out if front of him, and it was scratched to firk, so I demanded a brand spanking new one to be ordered. He did insist it was in primer anyways, but I said no, I want mine as new!

Here's a pic fitted straight on with no paint.
134-3405_IMG.jpg

It was in Primer? It's grey plastic, so why would it be in primer? Do they come in another colour? Am I missing something here?

G

It was in Primer? It's grey plastic, so why would it be in primer? Do they come in another colour? Am I missing something here?

G

The part is listed as primered, a few members swears it needs colour matching to the rest of the trim, I just bolted it on and added a coat of way a be done with it, no one knows or commented it's different colour, I certainly can't tell on the car. You can see there's a slight colour difference in my pic, as one is new, the other was approx. 6 years old.

Just to ask precisely what MrG has done . . . mine are dark grey plastic, not painted . . . ?

Phoned Audi today and they are £140.12 unpainted.

Might try the gule one more time and if it doesnt work i'll have to put my hand in my pocket.

Phoned Audi today and they are £140.12 unpainted.

Might try the gule one more time and if it doesnt work i'll have to put my hand in my pocket.

They are having a giraffe, it's under £80 inc vat for an individual one, is he pricing for both side or both the front and rear?

No they said that was for driver side front only and i got 2 prices from 2 dealer.

No they said that was for driver side front only and i got 2 prices from 2 dealer.

Seriously? Double the price due to exchange rate?! Get a quote from Stoke Audi under 'Site Sponsors' on the main forum or PM pjmspeedy for a quote to see if they can get it cheaper.

This is the part number they gave me over the phone 8L7853960GRU, might be the wrong one.