1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

omg! have I done the right thing

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by pure, Sep 7, 2003.

1. pure

pure Member

[Sep 7, 2003]
    Following from my earlier post about imports, I have just been down the dealers and got my self a new S3...1 of the last 4 new 0 miles cars in Europe! Feel a bit sick now...

Brilliant black, alloy wingmirrors, alacantara, concert sterio, acustic parking...£24500 will be on a 53 plate.

Have I done the right thing, I'm still in shock at the mo!

Car will be ready in 7-10 days, I'll upload some pics when i get it.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. mramage

mramage Member

[Sep 7, 2003]

Cool. When you drive out of the dealers, you'll know you've done the right thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  4. LYRAC

LYRAC Member

[Sep 7, 2003]
    YES! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifYES! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifYES! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    You will have the biggest smile ever smiles on you face /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gifespecially as you will have one of the best!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  5. MickHumphrey

MickHumphrey Member

[Sep 7, 2003]
    Sounds good!

My local dealer (Nigel Grogan) have a second hand one on a 52 plate and they want £24,995 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

Don't worry. You'll realise pretty soon that it was well worth it.

Enjoy!
  6. pure

pure Member

[Sep 8, 2003]
    wow, quotes are pretty steep at the mo....2500 is cheapest i can get with tesco's..

Gonna look on this forum for other insurance threads.
  7. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 8, 2003]
    How old are you and how much NCB u got??

Rich
  8. halegavin

halegavin Member

[Sep 8, 2003]
    im 24. driving 1 year so 1year NCB. Tesco quoted me £1400 on my S3.
  9. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 8, 2003]
    I did a quote a few days ago, and an S3 will cost me £1800 to insure fully comp with 1 years ncb, 2 years driving, and i am 20... that was with Admiral who i will be going with in november at renewal time, cos they dont charge too much for mods... full bodykit, wheels .etc cost me little over £100, with a premium of £1070 (£1170 with mods).

Rich
  10. nicks3

nicks3 Member

[Sep 9, 2003]
    Pure, don't worry buddy. I had a 51 plate S3 with AMD chip and sold it some time ago. I have been running an SMG M3 and have also just secured one of the last 2 unregistered S3's in the UK. I should get it next week and can't wait. The S3 may be an out of date model now but believe me there isn't anything around I'd rather have - its not as though Audi/VW offer anything comparable at the moment. They now seem to want to go the non turbo 3.2 route. What I liked about the S3 was its chuckability and that turbo power delivery.

Enjoy your new toy, I know I will. I think we've got a couple of future classics and I won't be letting mine go easily. Get it chipped though buddy.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif
  11. noodle

noodle Member

[Sep 9, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    pure said:
    Have I done the right thing, I'm still in shock at the mo!

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt exactly the same when I finally said 'Yes' to going ahead with my purchase in April, even to the point of feeling a bit dizzy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif for a while afterwards...

Had the car for a few months now and still lovin' it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
    6500K already clocked up..
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

12. nicks3

nicks3 Member

[Sep 9, 2003]
    Anyone consider the R32 before choosing the S3?? If so why did you go S3?
  13. mramage

mramage Member

[Sep 9, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    nicks3 said:
    Anyone consider the R32 before choosing the S3?? If so why did you go S3?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did, but I choose the S3 for a several reasons :

* Audi, not VW. Yes, I know, but it makes me feel better sitting behind the wheel. Feel good factor is difficult to put a price on.
    * Interior nicer IMHO.
    * Cheaper to insure and run.
    * The R32 looks too much like a lot of modded Golfs. The S3 doesn't. i.e. less of a "max power image".

Guess I just liked the S3 better, I feel it suits me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  14. audi_girl

audi_girl Active Member

[Sep 9, 2003]
    I think the S3 is a classic too - can't believe VAG are moving away from the Turbo model to gas guzzlers!
  15. pure

pure Member

[Sep 9, 2003]
    yeah i considered an r32...they are not a patch on the s3.

I think it is due to my postcode, I am 24 and live in a bit of a dodgy area, grade F on the postcode.

my no claims is tied up in another car, I will have 2 years when that policy expired in jan, which i can then transfer onto my s3.

Been quoted £2500 at tesco whic looks like the cheapest, no 1 else will touch me, i have no points and no claims. After Jan when i transfer my no claims, it will go down to £1900 which isn't bad... The joys of insurance.

Still got a few days to go.
  16. nicks3

nicks3 Member

[Sep 9, 2003]
    I'm glad everyone seems to agree the S3 is the better way to go, one day after placing the order I'm going through that normnal (for me anyway) "should I be doing this...is the R32 better", even though I know the S3 is GREAT after owning one before.

Pure, you might think I'm mad but have you tried co-op insurance? They have some great premiums, and I'm an insurance broker!!!! (only commercial fleets though).
  17. pure

pure Member

[Sep 9, 2003]
    last time i tried them the wouldnt touch me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You must have got either the other black 1, dolphine grey 1 or the blue 1? As there were 3 remaining after I took the 4th 1 off the system last week.
  18. nicks3

nicks3 Member

[Sep 9, 2003]
    Pure, mine was called off yesterday and it is a silver one with 18" wheels black leather, bose, heated seats and CD. They only had a black one other than mine. Is yours from the UK network? Do you know the spec of the dolphin car - did it have a sunroof?
  19. pure

pure Member

[Sep 9, 2003]
    not sure m8, i was just interested in the 2 black 1's...

I think they had sat nav, and the prices on the other 3 were higher than mine. The 1 i bought was the lowest spec of the 4, but was still higher than average spec, so I was pretty chuffed. Wouln't have minded the BOSE upgrade tho.
  20. nicks3

nicks3 Member

[Sep 9, 2003]
    Don't worry about the bose, just open the window and listen to that turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif
  21. L1ARR

L1ARR Active Member

[Sep 11, 2003]
    You have 100% done the right thing.

I picked up my 2003 Avus Silver S3 last Friday, my grin could be seen for miles, the grin got bigger once I put my foot down and the car isn't chipped yet.

Dicky Boy

22. nicks3

nicks3 Member

[Sep 12, 2003]
    Thanks dickyboy, collect mine next Friday. Can't wait to get back into an S3, even from my current M3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif
  23. pure

pure Member

[Sep 12, 2003]
    I dont have a collection date yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

WIll be here some time next week.