Olly, Whats with the "Warn (0%) message

I'll answer on Olly's behalf:
It's a warning system...if you break the rules, you can be warned.
The further the warn bar goes to the right, the closer you are to a ban.
This can be used for small breaches of the rules.

Or you can get banned with no warning, for more serious breaches.

Yours is at zero because you've been a good boy!
Well done... :)

Dunno, mine's 20% full though. :sorry:

Ha ha!

Dunno what you mean, you haven't been witch hunted for, ooooooh, at least about week now. :)

I'd get on that A3 forum, they love chucking a few toys about on there. :thumbsup:

Just say you've bought a well sorted 1.9 TDI and it'll beat any of their little S3's, keep you amused for weeks...

It was me that warned you :p

Trying to keep on top of the bad language is geting on my nerves - so I'm just dishing out warnings now as people are taking the micheal.

I swear with the best of them, (to the annoyance of the missus) but if I want to keep using this forum at while at work :lazy: , then I need to keep on top of the filth.

We dont want to be setting all of the bells and wistles off with our internet police do we :busted_cop:

So please keep it down cheers - :icon_thumright:

One Question on all this..

Who MODS a MOD? I mean what tests/ credentials do they have to go through to make them a MOD?

There are good MODS and some that are a little over zealous in their "powers" given to them, they know who they are....So how do you keep control on them or vette them for the job....

Just curious thats all...

Nobody other than other Mods keep an eye on other mods.

But if one of my comments irritates you :p feel free to hit the 'Report Bad Post' button (the little triangle warning sign looking thing with an exclamation mark in it) at the top right of each post, to alert every Admin/Mod to the issue.

As for who is made a Moderator...
That depends:

You could be asked because you are very knowledgable in certain areas or of certain cars
Or because you spend a lot of time on here helping people out
Or because you have helpful IT skills
Or because you are good at mediating difficult situations
Or - heaven forbid - that you are keen to provoke discussion in forums that are quiet, by - for example - being controvertial with your thoughts or opinions.

Being an active Moderator isn't an old boy's club...none of us knew each other outwith the forum before we were asked to moderate...some now do...but most don't.
So it's not a case of gang up on others...as many think.

But remember this:
I'd bet each Mod gives up 10-15 hours per week of thier time - often much more - to keep this place flowing.
Answering problems for new users, sorting out problems on the forums, maintaining the database etc...
We don't get paid, we get no benefits except seeing the forum grow.
So don't be surprised when people get hacked off with bad language or Chav spelling/grammar on a board which they have invested 1000s of hours in building.
Personally, after well over 6 years on here - 5 as a Moderator - I get hacked off with a few things...

Cheers for that, makes things a little clearer now.. Thanks Ess!:thumbsup:

No problem...

I suspect we'll be looking for new Moderators soon anyway...
The list of actice mods is a wee bit low at the moment due to various circumstances, so we'll maybe need to look for some suitable candidates.
(says he, rushing off to check the Admin forum to see who has been getting slagged in there recently..)

Ess_Three said:
You could be asked because you are very knowledgable in certain areas or of certain cars

Or - heaven forbid - that you are keen to provoke discussion in forums that are quiet, by - for example - being controvertial with your thoughts or opinions...

suspect we'll be looking for new Moderators soon anyway...
The list of actice mods is a wee bit low at the moment due to various circumstances, so we'll maybe need to look for some suitable candidates.

Suggestions....

Andymac????? :motz:

Silver75???? :jester:

I have a few people in mind . . .

jojo said:
If I became a mod, do you think I have the power to ban EssThree's ***? :moa:

nooo.png

Is this what mods look like???????

mods.jpg

Ess_Three said:
I suspect we'll be looking for new Moderators soon anyway...

I think Ming Blue and I would make a good pair of Mods ;) - we're both lurking quite a lot, have been around long enough to know who's who and what's what, like to have a good laugh but know when it's gone too far, we both know a good chunk of what's worth knowing about 8L; and I'm learning a lot about B5 at the moment; and add to that she's the queen of Word Association and I'm a professional computer-geek... A perfectly complimentary Yin & Yang pair that makes up a great Mod (well, Mods). ...Or is that just cheeky? ;)

Regards,

Rob.

I think anyone that puts themself forwards to become a moderator is not suitable. People that think they are up to the task of ruling (for want of a better word) seldom are.

FactionOne said:
I think Ming Blue and I would make a good pair of Mods ;) - we're both lurking quite a lot, have been around long enough to know who's who and what's what, like to have a good laugh but know when it's gone too far, we both know a good chunk of what's worth knowing about 8L; and I'm learning a lot about B5 at the moment; and add to that she's the queen of Word Association and I'm a professional computer-geek... A perfectly complimentary Yin & Yang pair that makes up a great Mod (well, Mods). ...Or is that just cheeky? ;)

Regards,

Rob.

Err... An EMPHATIC Yes to Or is that just cheeky?:noway: :no:

A4Quattro said:
I think anyone that puts themself forwards to become a moderator is not suitable. People that think they are up to the task of ruling (for want of a better word) seldom are.

Here, Here...Well said that person:applaus:

Ooh. Didn't mean to get anyones backs up... To be honest I didn't even think it would be an issue... Never mind then... We'll just gloss over that one.

But for the record, two rave sites and three IRC rooms stand to the opposing point of view.

Regards,

Rob.

As in "Bursts into Fairy Lights"...or better still "As If I cared.."

With Me now "Unregistered"??

28v6 said:
As in "Bursts into Fairy Lights"...or better still "As If I cared.."

With Me now "Unregistered"??

It was me unregistered... shocked it let me post!! :eyebrows:

btw no need to be pompous :slap:

smitch said:
Andymac????? :motz:

Silver75???? :jester:

lol id ban you first you foul mouthed swine! :mad: sod all this warning buisness

Banisyboy for mod i say

You know Andymac will be in the running.