1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oldie looking at new A3

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Chappy, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Chappy

Chappy Call me Dan :)

[Nov 30, 2012]
    I've been on here a while guys having an 8P3 last year.
    i then switched to BMW and didn't think I needed to look back til I test drove the new A3 for a few hours and loved it.

I was given the 1.4TSI but the dealer is going to ring me when the 2.0TDI S-Line comes in to keep it for a day or so.

My question is for those taken the car on PCP, what is your guaranteed future value? I'm trying to work out if I could afford it. My BMW 1er is worth around £10k now with about £2k owing on it so I'm just trying to work out some figures.

Spec for me would have to be

2.0TDI
    S-Line
    White
    3 door
    Bluetooth
    Cruise
    Maybe Sat Nav and B&O but I doubt I'll find a nearly new with the sound system!

Thanks for your help :)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. Chappy

[Dec 1, 2012]
    No one? Surly someone must have their car on PCP?
  4. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Dec 2, 2012]
    I think you will find most of the new A3s on the forum are company cars. My wife has her A1 on a PCP and it worked out to be a better deal than replacing her VW Polo with another Polo, mainly due to the better residual value of the A1.
  5. Chappy

[Dec 2, 2012]
    Surely someone must of purchased their own A3? Strange.

If anyone has got theirs on pcp, I'd be interested to know your rough guaranteed future value :)
  6. suzannec

suzannec Member

[Dec 2, 2012]
    Sorry, mines a company car!
  7. stevey_cam

stevey_cam Member

[Dec 2, 2012]
    Just sent you a PM
  8. stevey_cam

stevey_cam Member

[Dec 2, 2012]
    Also worth having a look on drivethedeal.com

Gives an idea of discount and finance figures. I got pretty close to the discount shown without to much effort.
  9. PjDali

PjDali Member

[Dec 2, 2012]
    Must admit I've always taken a good old fashioned loan out to buy my cars, I did take a closer look at the Audi PCP deals recently for the A4 as the centre contribution of £3500 offer caught my attention, however when working out how the interest was calculated it just seemed to be a lot more costly than I'd expected it to be.

I found this thread on ASN that helped explain Audi PCP and in particular the rule of 78 calculator and how interest is calculated on PCP finance. From what I costed out on a few different cars, Audi PCP is def' not for me and I found the advertised Audi APR \ Fixed Rate was dare I say it......misleading

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...p-finance-good-deal-opinions-appreciated.html

When I ordered my A3 SB and finance came up I showed the dealer my calculations on their finance figures and he dropped the topic like a hot potato as he knew I'd shown the real cost was a lot more than just taking a loan out via one of the usual lenders e.g. M&S finance

PCP deals will no doubt be a great way of buying a car for some, but the discussion on aforementioned thread was well worth reading to understand how it may not be as cheap as it might appear.