1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old post has gone dont no why, AMD ESSEX REMAP PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by audia3turrbo, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaun@amdessex.com

shaun@amdessex.com Guest

This still makes no sense? I have said I will fit REVO for you for £50 inc rolling road run once the car has no fault codes? Why would you pay £350 more for the same thing.

Regards
    Shaun Hollamby
    AmD Essex
  2. Maz

Maz Moon is made of green cheese

I was that guy on Saturday that had those rear drop links fitted. I’m not about to start a war of words but in my view first impressions count for a lot in my book. Let’s be clear I’m not upset just disappointed because I had high expectations of AMD.

Misunderstandings do happen but look at it from my point of view. As a first-time customer at AMD I expected an efficient level of service for such a small job.

The main issue here is that you assumed that I required the front drop links replaced regardless of the call I made specifying what parts needed fitting and what parts I actually brought in to be fitted. Did you even check the car at this point? To me it was quite obvious what was causing the knocking sound…

I could have also been waiting for a lot longer than 30 minutes had I not asked about the cost of the unnecessary parts you were trying to order and the fact that I mentioned that I’m sure the parts were the correct ones for the rear…

You may be feel my reaction of not wanting to use AMD again is irrational, but like I said first impressions count and it’s obvious that details of the initial call were not taken otherwise this simple error would not have happened.
  3. shaun@amdessex.com

shaun@amdessex.com Guest

Hi Maz

I take the blame for this as it is written in the booking that its for the "rr" rather than the front and I was the person who should have spotted that they were rear droplinks rather than front. Sorry for the error and that it has tainted your first experience of AmD.

Regards
    Shaun Hollamby
    AmD Essex
  4. chancer

chancer Member

I have to say that seems to make much more sense than paying someone else £400. Could the reason be that the OP is worried this will not make any significant effect to the judder. If it was me I would have paid £50 extra rather than £400. Something doesn't ring quite right.
  5. shaun@amdessex.com

shaun@amdessex.com Guest

Lewis

I have just left a message on your mobile.

It seems mad to spend this money when, if the car has had a new MAF and an ecu reset , it should have no problems.

As I said on your mobile, bring the car down today and I will reset the ecu and if this makes no difference then I will upload REVO free of charge.

I don't think this will cure the problem, when we replicate it, but we will need the car as early as possible to have time left in the day?

You can stand next to me and watch what I do if you want to?

Just so its completely clear I will not charge for this.

Regards
    Shaun Hollamby
    AmD Essex
  6. Maz

Maz Moon is made of green cheese

Thanks for the apology Shaun.:icon_thumright:

Any chance of a discounted set of these http://www.amdtechnik.com/product.details.cfm?ProductID=8&VariantID=41&ReferenceID=17

This would help me forget the incident and make my 2nd visit to AMD much more memorable?
  7. Alex C

Alex C Active Member

lol
  8. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

I'm sorry but I think the OP is tbh acting rather stupid & idiotic, he has been advised by AMD about multiple things & they have kindly offered to only charge £50 for the revo map, so why oh why would you goto another dealer, I mean are you even 1% lucid, they've advised you to do certain things to try & rectify the issue, but you ignore them until pushed by others on the forum as such, if it showed a maf fault & a coolant sender fault, then they should have been changed whilst there at amd, which according to shaun would be a shed much less than the dealer.

It just seems you want to make an issue with amd's service, when infact they are going out of there way to help you, instead of posting up ****, why not go see shaun & get the issues resolved.

As far as I can see, all you're doing is breaking someone's balls just for the sake of it, stop throwing your dummy out of your pram & get back down to Shaun who has now kindly & tbh wrongly offered to do the revo for free, you dont deserve this at all from what I am reading.
  9. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Lewis, i would say case closed mate, you cannot say fairer than that.

Now before posting again i suggest you speak to Shaun and get your car there and sorted, as until then you simply have no reason to complain about the service.
  10. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving

Who gets the bill for the headache tablets I now require, after reading this thread?

On a more serious note (and this is not aimed at anyone in particular) CALL THE COMPANY if you have a fault or issues with a garage, regardless of what's been done. Posting on a forum, while allowing you to blow off steam, will most likely get you no where. The fact that Shaun@AMD has clearly handled this calmly and effectively shows that his company is willing to help, even when the odd mishap happens - let's be honest, a lot of companies out there would not be so kind.

Come on here for advice, yes. Don't come on here with issues that should be taken up with the company in question.

Echoing Byzan's comments here I guess!
  11. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

I completely agree with both posts above. That is top notch service, and no-one in their right mind could possibly complain about that.

Good on you Shaun, it's nice to see a professional attitude with a customer who may have been a spot.... problematic.

I hope that this issues gets resolved, for both your sakes!
    :icon_thumright:
  12. Welly

13. finesse

finesse Active Member

oh dear,
  14. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

To add some constructive points.

Juddering can be caused by spark strength, and a remap could easily highlight coils that are on their last legs, or a duff set of plugs.

I changed the engine in my 1.8T a few months back and upon refitting it was juddering badly at 2-3krpm but would clear and pull perfecly well further up the revs. If you ragged it, it was fine, but plant the boot at 2k and it was horrible. I ended up swapping the coilpacks for the ones from the original engine, and the problem vanished.

If its not been serviced recently, throw in a new set of BKR6EK's and perhaps try the coils and/or ignition amp from your mates car to rule those out.
  15. badger5

badger5 RIP S3dave Site Sponsor

audia3turrbo

FFS, take shauns very generous offer, take note, listen to what he says, he does know what he's talking about, unlike you.

you say you dont have money in one post then a few posts later want to take it to somewhere else and pay £400 for revo, which was £50 from shaun, and now offered free.

you are frecking insane if you dont greatfully accept his VERY GENEROUS offer.

Good luck Shaun- you will need it
  16. shaun@amdessex.com

shaun@amdessex.com Guest

Yes I would agree. When the car came in on monday it was meant to have new coilpacks but it seemed like only one had been replaced? The earlier cars do not have "misfire detection" so not so easy to detect failing coil or weak plugs unless blatantly obvious. This would be the next step after MAF but I can only do this under customers instruction once we have advised him.

Temp sensor, MAF, coilpacks, plugs, lambda probes and boost leaks are the usual 1.8T gremlin areas.

Lewis has contacted me and he is going to give me a call and book in for next week.

Regards
    Shaun Hollamby
    AmD Essex
  17. badger5

badger5 RIP S3dave Site Sponsor

just as an aside, confirming coilpack changes.. on the BT a3 quattro i did some while back, when i replaced all coils when one failed, the afr of the whole motor changed dramatically and ran lean afterwards, such was the improvement in spark energy from fresh coils (new plugs).... they might well be sparking, but they can it seems loose a lot of spark energy when coil windings and amps are tired and cooked.
  18. NHN

I actually had a similar issue with my S3 years back, turned out to be a spark plug ceramic had cracked, swapped & she was back to her beautiful self.

Seems he saw sense afterall Shaun.
  19. audia3turrbo

audia3turrbo Member

Spoke to sean at AmD who said he will put revo on the car and rolling road it in front of me,Sean is a very nice bloke as stated be for i just felt a bit cheesed off as have had my car like this for 2 months and just want it sorted will let you no what happend from now cheers guys...
  20. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

:wub:
  21. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Good luck with it all mate, it's decent of AmD to start posting on here to resolve an issue, and taking the REVO map as a freebie is a correct decision as most will agree.
  22. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

JD, can i borrow some of those pills? lol
  23. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Lewis, well done mate, the right decision.

Shaun (AMd) Very generous mate, Nice one
  24. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

Well done to AMD for coming on here and putting things right and trying to resolve the issue. My moneys on something simple being the problem.....like the owner.
  25. NHN

lmfao I was reading the post of yours Tom & was waiting for the last bit lmfao
  26. finesse

finesse Active Member

ouch
  27. DJM1982

DJM1982 Member

Shaun, glad to hear your still as genuine a bloke as when i spoke to you.
    On a personal note, i have only ever used AMD once for a remap on my LCR and the service was exclt. You even fixed a brake light fault that occured on the way on the morning of the booking, no questions asked and cheaper than the dealers and even took alook at the stereo whch wouldn't turn on when i went to pick her up (free of charge). I will be booking my new car in for a remap very shortly. Tops work guys.
  28. Danny Cawsey

Danny Cawsey Cawsey

shaun , i bought my s3 over from holland to you last month to get a full milltek and stage two map,
    just want to say a big thanks for opening the garage on a bank holiday to get my car sorted,
    the car is running brilliantly now, although i might have to pop over to you in a couple months to get a big turbo put on
    hehe :eyebrows:
  29. audia3turrbo

audia3turrbo Member

Think i am gonna go see sean today to see about my car as its the only week day i have off in like 6 moths lol,but ben seems nice anough and said he is gonna stick revo on let you guys no what happends cheers.
  30. Lemon S3

Lemon S3 Alex

Thought you went ages ago!
  31. Welly

^^ I thought that as well!
  32. DaveA3

DaveA3 Audi A-Trizzle!

yeh said above he was going 2 weeks ago? this guy.....

Shaun can i come and get his free revo map? thatll teach him a lesson :p
  33. audia3turrbo

audia3turrbo Member

Had new maf sensor fitted today by amd essex,they put car on the rollers and was hitting 170bhp with new maf was hitting 190bhp but cant feel no difference i have lost 15bhp somwere LOL i was on 205.8bhp with amd remap and now im on 190bhp on revo,on there web sight says revo is 5bhp more so don't no what up there,they told me today there was no fault codes showing up after they fit new air maf but when i left last time there was :s but had new one fitted any way £88 inc vat,I am taking my car to r tech to get k03s turbo fitted next week who are gonna tell me if revo is on my car as it feels the same as the car was and was told should be allot aggressive,if any body can let me no how to upload photos i will of the rolling road,there something not right but i will find out any help or any body no any thing let me no cheers,
    Lewis
  34. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

are you doubting he has put the map on now!! jesus lad youve got issues....
  35. audia3turrbo

audia3turrbo Member

Well if he has not the airflow meter has sorted the problem as no juddering,but if he has changed the map it was the amd,s map what was causing the problem.
  36. ALPINE

ALPINE Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

[​IMG].
  37. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

*******TRUST QUOTE*********

A little girl and her father were crossing a bridge.
    The father was kind of scared so he asked his little daughter:
    "Sweetheart, please hold my hand so that you don't fall into the river." The little girl said:
    "No, Dad. You hold my hand."
    "What's the difference?" Asked the puzzled father.

"There's a big difference," replied the little girl.
    "If I hold your hand and something happens to me, chances are that I may let your hand go. But if you hold my hand, I know for sure that no matter what happens, you will never let my hand go."

In any relationship, the essence of trust is not in its bind, but in its bond. So hold the hand of the person whom you love rather than expecting them to hold yours...
  38. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

here we go again....
  39. shaun@amdessex.com

shaun@amdessex.com Guest

OK I am getting seriously f@cked off with you now Lewis.

I fully explained to you everything when you came here last week. You phoned in the morning and had to be fitted in that day which we did.

I explained to you that the rolling road had been recalibrated and had had a software update so comparison figures were meaningless.

Your car had a broken and oily MAF which we changed and just charged you for the part. We put REVO on your car FOC.

Your car gave 170bhp with REVO and **** 95 octane fuel and left with over 190bhp after fitting the new MAF that we had said that you needed when you first came in months ago. When your car came in initially it had good quality fuel. What else do you f@cking want?

I am a patient man but you have now pushed me beyond the limit of my patience.

Please go to whoever you like and don't ever darken our doors again.

Can a moderator lock this thread so I don't have to converse with him again.

Cheers Shaun.
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
  40. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.