OilPump drive shaft

666markyboy

Reaction score
Is it possible to remove and change the hex drive shaft that runs the oilpump on the 2.0l TDi engines from below the engine via the sump.... from what i've seen they all seem to show you having to strip all the front of the car off and all the timing gear.... Dads bought a new Avant and I would like to check this common failing part for peice of mind but it looks like it's going to be a hell of a job... looking at it's service history it's had new cambelt and waterpump work done recently and something called a 91d4 quality enhancement which i'm going to start a sperate thread on

No need to remove front end, mine wasn't

an independent audi man told me a couple of hours to do the job

right ... so this a 2007 BRD engine so fairly sure it's a gear driven unit ....just want to have confidence in the Hex drive as I'm led to believe that can still be an issue no matter what engine or age ...Dad likes to give first dibs on his old cars you see so it's in my interest to look after this baby for him :) I'm still driving his old 1.9 TDi B6 Avant Quattro....it's been an awesome motor for the last 7 years it's been in the family