1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil 'vacuum' products?

MarkyM Mar 28, 2013

1. MarkyM

MarkyM Member

As am doing a couple of oil changes in the next few months just wondering if anyone's used such a product?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alpin-72539-Change-Suction-Pump/dp/B0047N08GW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_3

I've a set of Rhino ramps anyway but this will save me in the following ways:

1) Putting it up/off of ramps (saves 20 mins)
    2) Crawling around under the car and getting oil on drive/me
    3) Having to remove/refit those pesky underbody covers (20 mins) & breaking the locking trim screws..grr
    4) Having to ever replace the sump washer and gasket

gupsterg likes this.
  2. MarkyM

MarkyM Member

Am guessing no, just bought one and will let you know how I get on/how much I can get out down the dipstick!

3. fishyfish

fishyfish Member

This looks pretty handy... I'd be interested to hear how it goes, as I would love to change the oil myself between services, but cannot be arsed with all the faffing with covers as you mentioned.

4. gupsterg

gupsterg Active Member

I've done it the old fashioned way on this and past cars...

I used a combo of jack stands on front/rear subframe by lifting at jacking points with trolley jacks to keep car level to do drain/refill...

I would be interested in your experience share :icon_thumright:, I was thinking of buying a manual pump but as the linked elec.pump is cheaper I would get one of those instead [​IMG] ...

5. MarkyM

MarkyM Member

Hopefully will do this month or next and will video the process.

Think I may even try the tranny myself too, however for some type of service record I'll probs pay a local mobile mechanic £20 to do it for me on my drive. Will still be removing filter/strainer to ensure I get the full 9l out of the box