1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil 'vacuum' products?

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C6 Chassis)' started by MarkyM, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MarkyM

MarkyM Member

[Mar 28, 2013]
    As am doing a couple of oil changes in the next few months just wondering if anyone's used such a product?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alpin-72539-Change-Suction-Pump/dp/B0047N08GW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_3

I've a set of Rhino ramps anyway but this will save me in the following ways:

1) Putting it up/off of ramps (saves 20 mins)
    2) Crawling around under the car and getting oil on drive/me
    3) Having to remove/refit those pesky underbody covers (20 mins) & breaking the locking trim screws..grr
    4) Having to ever replace the sump washer and gasket
    gupsterg likes this.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. MarkyM

MarkyM Member

[Apr 9, 2013]
    Am guessing no, just bought one and will let you know how I get on/how much I can get out down the dipstick!
  4. fishyfish

fishyfish Member

[Apr 9, 2013]
    This looks pretty handy... I'd be interested to hear how it goes, as I would love to change the oil myself between services, but cannot be arsed with all the faffing with covers as you mentioned.
  5. gupsterg

gupsterg Active Member

[Apr 10, 2013]
    I've done it the old fashioned way on this and past cars...

I used a combo of jack stands on front/rear subframe by lifting at jacking points with trolley jacks to keep car level to do drain/refill...

I would be interested in your experience share :icon_thumright:, I was thinking of buying a manual pump but as the linked elec.pump is cheaper I would get one of those instead [​IMG] ...
  6. MarkyM

MarkyM Member

[Apr 10, 2013]
    Hopefully will do this month or next and will video the process.

Think I may even try the tranny myself too, however for some type of service record I'll probs pay a local mobile mechanic £20 to do it for me on my drive. Will still be removing filter/strainer to ensure I get the full 9l out of the box