1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil Vacumn Pump leak

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Molnboman, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Molnboman

Molnboman Well-Known Member

[Sep 4, 2013]
    After a disastrous attempt to remove my Sump to replace the oil pick up filter, I have found the source of the oil weep on my engine at least. It's coming from the Oil Vacumn pump. Has anyone had a go at fixing this. I read in some other forums that it may be best to replace the pump completely but am hoping that's not going to be the case. As there is only about 4 - 5 inch clearance from the bulkhead....am not expecting it to be easy.
    Anyone had previous experience.

Thanks in advance,
    Allan
  2. margin-walker

margin-walker Member

[Sep 4, 2013]
    Sorry, no experience of this but I'm glad you've found the problem and hope the fix isn't too troublesome. Wish I could give you a better answer.
  3. Molnboman

Molnboman Well-Known Member

[Sep 4, 2013]
    Found this on another site.....not quite as bad as first thought but a new pump looks likely. I reckon this has happened as a result of the faulty pcv I was running over the past few months. Not a cheap part either! :(

2.0 Vacuum Pump help

Don't leave your knackered pcv too long......

Cheers
    A